I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

If you’re looking for suggestions, I bought this… Honeywell QuietSet 12.99"H 4 Speed Tower Fan, Black (HTF210B) | Staples …from target back in 2019 and liked it so much I bought another in 2020.

I’ve found Honeywell to be a quality brand.

1 Like

Yeah, that one looks like gym wear to me, honestly. I agree that if it were in front of me with a shear silk, it would look formal. But I’d still find it a little disorienting.

I tried on both of these, plus a third. I wore light shapewear but didn’t bother with my formal shapewear or an actual underwire bra, or heels for that matter, so I’m not completely sure how they will look on me, but I actually think the second one pictured above is my favorite.

My husband now prefers the “wife-beater” one best, and the one with the capped sleeves second, and the the one I didn’t post here the third (I didn’t think it would work for a wedding, it’s more like something I’d wear to the office, and I still think that after trying them on), but mentioned that if I wore something over the sleeveless one, he would no longer like it best. I hate my arms, so I think I would not be comfortable with wearing that one without at least a lace bolero.

The second one does give me some nice cleavage, so that something. And if I could lose about…10 pounds, I’d probably be ok with my arms in either of them. Maybe I’ll post pictures in the lounge.

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen

3 Likes

I vote with Mr. NA: I like the 2nd one.

And I will keep an eye out for pics in the Lounge!!! :popcorn:

2 Likes

i like the 2nd more than the 1st for “formality” and not being as casual.

not sure you need to lose anything, but that’s personal.

deep purple mentions a highlight you referred to. you mention the difference btw wedding attire and work attire. sounds like we have a winner!

Posted to the lounge. Cropped out toes. Sorry pervs.

3 Likes

classic

3 Likes

Today I’m going to buy food components. There’s this store nearby that sells not food that’s already assembled but actually the parts. And man it’s huge. So much stuff. So much customization.

You and I should go for Happy Hour sometime. The food is pre-assembled AAAAAAAND you can get likker too!!! :+1:

The dog has caught the car. I’ve been thinking about upgrading the subwoofers in my basement since I sold my giant one - wouldn’t fit in the room.

Anywho, I got three 18” Rythmik dropped off. I got one to the basement last night, two to go. RIP my back. The boxes are 26x28x36 and weigh about 180lb each.

I just bought a 2.5 mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Headset died on my VoIP business’s phone. It takes a weird 2.5mm jack for the headset. And the unit itself, they stopped supporting it in 2006. So time for a new one I guess. Spent a bunch of time looking at new base units and headsets. Got tired of that so just bought the adapter. I’ll grab my spouse’s high end 3.5mm headset they’re not using and boom, done. Problem solved for 9.99.

I’ve never seen a 2.5mm jack.

My new iPod has a different jack hole from the prior one. Didn’t connect to my Beats just right. So i had to get a convert to the tiny Apple jack

1 Like

Come to the gym sometime with me, bro.

1 Like

My headphones have one. One end of the wire is the 3.5mm that plugs into the phone, the other is the 2.5mm that plugs into the headphones.

I bought a 5” DeWalt 20v orbital sander tonight. I’ve got a lot of sanding in my near future. And I have a sander, but it has a cord and doesn’t have the fancy new hook and loop system to swap out the sandpaper.

I could survive with my old corded one that takes quarter sheets, but this one will save me some time. It’ll probably pay for itself in a year with the time saved. I already have three of the 20v batteries so that’s nice.

2 Likes

That sounds excessive.

The best 15” subwoofer is an 18” subwoofer.

It’s overkill. I like big drivers because they make deep, effortless sound. The only real purpose of having three is to get a flatter frequency response. With one subwoofer you get a lot of cancellation, aka ‘room modes.’ You can EQ some of it out but not all. Having 2-4 subs distributed around the room lets you kind of average it out.

At my last house I ran three and was able to get +/- 1dB from 80 Hz down to 12 or 13Hz. I think I can hit that mark again.

That sounds serious. Is that 7k worth of subwoofers? My $200 klipsch upgrade for the wireless sub from Costco has me :blush:.

I’m curious now what else you are running in your setup.