I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

I bought this.

I had a gift card to the liquor store and used it to buy bourbons for a group tasting.

Added this rum bc…the brand has impeccable quality and this is assumed delicious

I haven’t tried aged rum but would love to. Might need to drink some of it after that Oklahoma game last week.

1 Like

I love Darn Tough Socks. I have some hiking socks and every day socks.

Smart Wool made me itch.

2 Likes

All right, I ordered two pairs each of Smartwool and Darn Tough. I wear sneakers 95% of the time so just some basic low rise socks with a little cushion.

1 Like

Might buy some Darn Tough socks for a Christmas present.

I actually received mine as a Christmas gift. It was a family gift exchange and we had to provide wish lists which I thought was stupid for adults. So I put socks on my list. My brother-in-law said the kids thought he was mean for getting me socks, but they are my favorites.

1 Like

Darn Tough is a great dad joke name for a sock company.

1 Like

I just cannot abide by that new sock company that charges way too much for socks because they make you pay for 2 pair, and then you only get one pair, and they give the second pair to someone else.

That’s a terrible business model. If I want to buy socks for someone, I will buy them socks. Don’t force me into a “buy two pair but you only get 1 pair” as a business model.

2 Likes

Bombas. I bought a pair based on reviews and was pretty disappointed. Wait, I didn’t buy them, my SIL asked me what I wanted for Christmas and she got them for me. They lasted about two years and then the elastic gave out, the Adidas socks I got around the same time at Costco have lasted twice as long.

1 Like

While veering off topic, this seems like a good place to plug that most of what we view as “reasonably priced” relies on an unethical production model (child/slave labor), and if we actually paid the ethical price for clothing (or for produce), we would likely be better off in most ways, as fast fashion is a huge contributor to global pollution in addition to being produced questionably. I’ll go find a shorter horse now.

7 Likes

Do you buy girl scout cookies? Or boy scout popcorn? I’m sure some people will disagree with me, but I would rather contribute $2 to the girl scouts directly than spend $5 on an overpriced product I don’t really want. A quick online search provides me with this information:

Troops can expect to receive a minimum of $0.50 for each box sold next year .

I’m good for one box of samosas (sp?) per year and that’s it. So I normally stop, buy a box, and then just give them an extra $10 or so.

Think I’m getting a pup soon

1 Like

I’ll plug my favorite sock company here. Socco. They are made right in North Carolina. Not sure they give anything away, but they’re great cotton socks and they last forever.

1 Like

I know someone who works at https://swiftwick.com/

I haven’t been in the market so haven’t purchased any but will likely buy some in the near future.

I have relatives like this. And I don’t have a problem with it.

However, I’ll buy product from someone I know since there are sometimes “incentives” for a “seller” hitting certain marks. (“Seller” could be the individual, the individual’s den/patrol/etc., or the individual’s pack/troop/etc.)

1 Like

I’ll buy overpriced but delicious Girl Scout cookies, but I donate to Boy Scouts as I don’t want their gross popcorn. (I like popcorn, but not Boy Scout popcorn.)

1 Like

We buy about 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies and give them to the local food bank. We used to send them to the troops when that was an option offered by GSA.

1 Like

It was an option here for 2022!

May still be here too, we just opted for local food bank to brighten some folks day/

1 Like