I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

I have 5 of the same shorts, my jeans are all very similar, and all my bras and underpants are one of two models. But my shirts differ.

2 Likes

I hate clothes shopping so I tend to do similarly.

1 Like

I’m considering pre-ordering the new Kindle. I currently read e-books on my iPad, but think I might like having a dedicated ereader.

2 Likes

Like in the Seinfeld episode?

1 Like

Dunno it.

3 Likes

I love it, NA!

2 Likes

I enjoy my kindle

2 Likes

I think a couple of these wool shirt/dress companies have a 100 day challenge where if you take a picture of yourself wearing the dress every day for 100 consecutive days then you get a free or maybe significantly discounted second dress. Maybe you have to post on Facebook… don’t recall all the details.

They’re trying to show how versatile their stuff is. And I think part of the idea is that you don’t need to wash it very often and it’s super easy to do so.

Like I saw one company claiming that for a month long backpacking trip you could wear the same shirt every day… I think without washing it at all. (Maybe rinsing?) Which seems far fetched to me, but :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, people have different reasons for wanting to do it. For me, I want to reduce the amount of clothing I buy and also cut back on my materialism, and this seems like a fun challenge in that direction. I love the idea of having a personal uniform, like Steve Jobs did. I don’t actually have that much diversity in my wardrobe already, so it doesn’t seem impossible. I could see myself someday having, like, five dress tops (probably all neutral, maybe all black), five casual tops, five pairs of pants, five dresses/skirts, and five jackets/sweaters. All mix and matchable. Add a new one, donate an old one.

Anyway, I’m officially beginning on the 23rd so the 100th day is 12/31. Probably going to post the photos on my blog, because I don’t have Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I think it will be a really good thing for me and help me realize how little I really need most of my clothes.

3 Likes

Finally ordered it yesterday. Not shipping until Dec/Jan. I think it was Nov/Dec when I first posted it…sometimes it does not pay to be a procrastinator.

I probably have less than that today, except i don’t get rid of the ones I’ve stopped wearing (they mostly live in a pile of clothes I’m unlikely to ever mend), and i do have a t-shirt collection. But t-shirts are cheap souvenirs. I have two dresses that i wear to weddings and have had since my kids’ B’nai mitzvot, five summer “business casual” tops that i also wear for informal social events, maybe 7 winter “business casual” tops, 5 identical pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of jeans, plus two others that haven’t quite worn out, yet. And an old pair of nylon pants i bought for travel that’s still in decent shape. And the t-shirts. I have a winter coat, a swing season jacket, and a light rain jacket. And… That’s pretty much it. Oh, i also have the business suits i don’t need to wear any more, and the silk turtlenecks i used to wear with them. I wear one of them to funerals. Otherwise i guess they’ve been retired.

So i guess that’s why this challenge doesn’t resonate with me.

I bought a folding bike that I can put in my trunk so I can ride trails in other locations. My normal size bike just collects dust in my garage.
bike

1 Like

So . . . you bought one to collect dust in your trunk?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I ordered a freezer to expand my food storage capacity, after I found out there is a category of home freezers that are specifically designed to exist in garages. They are designed to be effective with an ambient temperature from 0F to 110F, which is about the right swing for my garage in the midwest.

4 Likes

Can you talk to my wife? She has 76 pairs of shoes. That’s not me making up a number, I counted them.

1 Like

Just placed my pre-order. Should come on release day, which is 10/12.

1 Like

I bought one of those during the pandemic. I ended up putting it in the basement, because that’s so much more convenient. But i love my pandemic fridge.

Lol, my spouse has a reasonable wardrobe, but access to twice as much. They’re an identical twin, so it’s a thing to go clothes shopping at their twin’s.

3 Likes

So if they put on their twin’s clothes, how can you tell whether it’s them or their twin?

1 Like