I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

HeyDude shoes. They just look cool and comfy. Plus $60! Thats pretty inexpensive for an all-around wearable shoe

1 Like

Maybe wait until “Black Friday in October” sales then.

You just missed the Labor Days sales I’m thinking.

Could be a good pickup line:

T-Roy: I’ll have that new pine-tar based micro brew you got there. I need a beer; my dryer is out and I have to schlep to the laundromat to do my clothes.

Bartender-girl: Oh, T-roy, if you bring the wine, you can do you clothes at my place! :wink:

T-Roy: That sounds interesting…

Bartender-girl: My boyfrind leaves for work around 4 every day.

1 Like

As long as they don’t make them bad…
Take that sad tongue, and make it better.
The moment you put onto your feet
Then you’re complete
To take a walk now.

A facebook friend just posted that he got Hey Dude shoes. He’s not someone who posts every little thing so I know he really likes them.

A new car battery because I need one. At least I noticed it was going bad before I had a problem.

I need to do this. My battery is seven years old and probably toast.

My car recently started being a little slow to turn over if it was parked for 2-3 days without getting used. Then the other day I started the car just to move it, turned it off, and then when I went to crank it to leave 30 minutes later it barely turned over. It still cranks OK when daily driven, but like yours it was at the end of it’s projected life so it’s only a short time until it doesn’t function. Testing it confirmed what I knew: it doesn’t properly hold a charge now.

1 Like

My car is a Chevy Volt, and the big 400v battery charges the little 12v battery, so it’s basically always charged. So my 12v will work perfectly fine right up until it completely fails, I suspect. So I should probably just replace it proactively given the age.

Bumping, for another thing I’m not buying (but, again sorely tempted to):

Over the CTR because no stupid spoiler right outside the rear-window’s view.
Still longer, wider, heavier, AND less cargo space AND way less back-seat room than my current 20 years-old car.
But, again, a little less than twice the HP. And cost twice as much.

Few things. One, I’m happy that Toyota is trying to make some fun cars, they got reeeeaaaaallll boring for a long time there. Anywho.

I’m a little worried about the boost threshold, C&D notes that ‘not much happens below 3,000 RPMs,’ and that could be a tad annoying on the street. On the plus side, 18" tires. Honda tried 20" on the last CTR, with very short sidewalls, and rims were bent and broken. They are dropping it to 19" for the new CTR, but these are compact cars, 18" is better. Six speed manual only, yay. I’d love to drive one to see how it operates, but Honda sets a high bar. My reference standard is still the S2000’s six-speed.

It looks like the Toyota is smaller than the Honda, so while AWD adds weight, curb weight is likely to be quite close between the two. For sporting purposes, AWD at the same weight is a win.

I’m still leaning towards the CTR but we’ll see. I’ve called a few Honda dealers this week to get in the queue. Neither of these cars will be super easy to buy due to scarcity.

Anyone else see this and processed it as “Toyota Granola”?

Thinking about selling mine since it mostly sits in the garage but damn is it fun to drive.

@twig93 @Ajstudies

So I got three dresses and I think the fitted Chloe is my favorite and the one I’m going to wear for 100 days. It’s not very scratchy…but if you think wool is scratchy in general, you might think this is a little too much so. It’s not buttery smooth, and it’s about 80% wool (some nylon in there too), but it definitely isn’t noticeably scratchy to me.

I can’t get a flattering picture of the dress, because my full length mirror is blocked by our bathroom storage, but I do feel good in it and it’s been easy to accessorize for sure. I definitely need to wear shape wear to feel confident in it, but that’s true of every dress for me.

3 Likes

you plan to wear the same thing 100 days in a row? Or do you mean something else by “wear for 100 days”?

The same dress, yes. Styled different ways, but same dress.

2 Likes

I like this - less contribution to landfill and less space needed in your wardrobe.

2 Likes

How often do you wash it? What’s the goal?

I usually change clothes depending on what I’m doing. Different clothes for working on the garden vs. sitting at a laptop. At this time of year i look at the outdoor thermometer and choose between shorts and pants.

Although, i often wear the same pants for several days, until they feel like they need a wash. And until i got a new boss who likes to turn the video on for teams calls, i often wore the same top for a few days in a row, until it seemed to need a wash. Now i drop a once-worn shirt into the “clean-but-worn-clothes” area, and pick it up again the next week. I don’t sweat very much at work, unless I’m under a lot of stress, and rarely need to wash anything but underwear and socks after a single day’s use.

Yes, I’m very lazy about dressing, and typically cycle through a small number of seasonally-appropriate clothes for weeks at a time, just changing for exercise and gardening.

1 Like

Ooh, like different belts and stuff? I love this idea. I like accessories better than clothes so this would be a lot of fun picking shoes, belts, hats, socks, etc to spice up a neutral base.

1 Like

I have a bunch of the same things for dressing. Like I have 3 pairs of jeans that are all the same. I have one brand of golf polo that I like and I have 20 of their shirts. I have one basic cotton tee shirt I like and I have 10 different colors. I have 15 pairs of the same underwear. I have a ball cap style that I like and I have 10 different colors of those. I have I have 10 different colors of my favorite shorts.

I just have several color options of my basics and wear them in different layer and color combinations throughout the year. I do have more of all the summer stuff because I have a lot of one day outfit use during the summer. I can dirty up an outfit in the Ohio Valley heat and humidity in July and August pretty easily.

1 Like