I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

I just tossed them. Got a five pack of Pilot G2 pens, I recall using these at the office a few years ago and they were nice enough.

Meep has no patience for bad puns.

2 Likes

If she were a medical doctor, when writing out a prescription, she’d have no bad pens for patients, either.

In your defense, I think that this is a good pun.

How nice of pens are we talking about? Because I think expensive pens are my next “hobby”. Love this journey for us.

I really dislike ball point pens and buy the paper mate ink joy gen pens (all colors but mostly black) and they’re great.

I got some Pilot G2, it was like $5 or $6 for a five-pack. I’d consider buying one nice pen for work but I find myself writing less and less and typing more and more, so maybe not.

I had a VP who always used a fountain pen because it takes less pressure, so less fatigue. She took all of her notes in pen. I’m not sure what brand she used.

My current obsession is luggage and backpacks and what not for travel. Sling is here, backpack on the way, looking at packing cubes and some simple shirts that I could wear with just about anything. And maybe a new rain jacket that’s less bulky. Oh, and I replaced my Marmot puffy jacket with a Patagonia that’s lighter and packs down more. Might get some Darn Tough socks.

1 Like

I rather like these:

Uni Gel Ballpoint Pen Uni-Ball Signo Extra Fine 0.38mm, Brown Black 5pcs https://a.co/d/bIzAFaL

Lol. Yeah, compared to a BIC. This sounds like an humblebrag to flaunt a Montblanc.

It looked inexpensive. I never noticed it until one day she whipped out a refill cartridge and I asked her something to the effect of ‘who refills pens anymore?’ But for all I know it was a $300 pen or something.

1 Like

I am afraid they would be itchy. People told me smartwool socks are not itchy but I tried them and they were definitely itchy.

I am interested in the 100 day challenge but I think people would notice. I would notice if someone who works close to me did it.

I would probably just tell people yup I’m doing this thing, you’ll see me wearing the same thing for a while, here’s why!

But I don’t put much stock in my wardrobe to begin with, I don’t dress well normally. This would probably be a step up for me honestly…

2 Likes

I have an artist husband who likes to splurge on clothes for me and as much as will fit in my 1970’s closet. Just found something that we bought last spring that I can’t wear until the weather cools off. Yet I lapse into jeans and my company t-shirt far too often.

She doesn’t think they’re pun-ny. Any of them.

You folks have a muji store near you? People rave about their pens (and mechanical pencils). I’ve tried them, they’re OK…though admittedly I’m a bit fussy about my pen/paper/pencil choices.
I like their notebooks as well, they lay flat. Waffling between them and hilroy coil notebooks, still not finalized which ones I like better.

if y’all are going to get into pens, let me know. Next time the Pen Show is in town we can go together.

1 Like

OMG, of course there’s a group for that. That’s amazing.

1 Like

Don’t those ink joy pens smear?

I have started using these Tul pens (they have blue/black as well as colors). Less smeary than Ink Joy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NBW93N6/?encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=35a0ca6e7023510ec25a26c6951baaab&hsa_cr_id=6967277920301&qid=1663000106&sr=1-1-4951fbf6-44c7-47df-8d8a-2283bc94d5a4&ref=sbx_be_s_sparkle_scm_asin_0_img&pd_rd_w=ZU16T&content-id=amzn1.sym.6ffcd290-9440-4df9-82d1-bf9af1d38151%3Aamzn1.sym.6ffcd290-9440-4df9-82d1-bf9af1d38151&pf_rd_p=6ffcd290-9440-4df9-82d1-bf9af1d38151&pf_rd_r=ESYBS32Z7Y32045WGYJH&pd_rd_wg=6ZZb2&pd_rd_r=4ff67994-1978-4a1d-8624-f5e724e3e813

Inkjoys are similar to G2, but a little slimmer and less G2-looking. G2 was our standard group pen at work, but we switched bosses quite a few years back and, concurrently, switched pens to Inkjoy.

I did this exact same thing a few months ago.

Dryer had no heat. My appliance guy said it was the timer. Timer for that model was around $200 for after market, Plus install. Dryer was at least 15 years old.

Went to Lowe’s for a replacement. Looking to spend around $450. Ok, $450 woulda got me bare minimum, builder grade, small. Needed to get up to at least 6 bills.

Saw one on sale (the was around the Memorial Day sales) from $900 to $750. But down to $685 is purchased with the matching washer which was $1,100 on sale for $900, but $805 if purchased together.

Washer was of simialr age, and we weren’t too thrilled with it’s performance anyway. had enough on the Lowe’s card, so pulled the trigger.

2 Likes

I looked this weekend for the W&D - Home Depot. I wash all clothes together (whites, towels, jeans, polos - whatever) and dry them at “normal”. $800 was the least amount I’d spend. I am looking again in a few weeks. For now - laundrymat. It takes an hour to do wash and dry and costs like $5