I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

Just get one of these. They are great, cheap, and will last forever. You can get a lifetime supply for $5.

4 Likes

that seems like its a pain to get the card out. I have a lot of shit in my wallet.

All I keep is my 10ish cards and whatever paper bills I have. I just pull the tension back and grab the card, then shove it back in the middle when I’m done.

That looks like it will wear a hole in my pocket pretty quickly. I prefer something flatter, with smoother edges.

My Kroger doesn’t carry them and I’d not thought to look for cookies at CVS or Walgreens. Despite them being crispy, the chocolate chip ones were good. Also bought a bag of coconut ones but haven’t opened them yet.

My husband has a very similar looking wallet.

I wouldn’t use a wheelbarrow to move those rocks. Someone is going to have to pick up those rocks and put them in the afore-mentioned wheelbarrow…

I’d get a hand truck. just slide it underneath and start rolling. It’ll be nice to have when you need to replace a refrigerator and washer/dryer.

1 Like

I think my Costco stocks them. Afraid to try because I 'd like them.

My rubber band is about to give way. If DTNF sends me a fam and friends discount I’ll bite. Otherwise it’s a binder clip for a while.

1 Like

I keep checking my pocket to see if it’s still there.

That’s how thin it is.

Also, no one needs to carry that much shit in his wallet. One card, one ID, some cash.
Have a home wallet to keep the rest.

JMO, of course

The binder clip? I’m assuming that Nick points the handles down when he’s not actively putting something in or out of the clip.

Doesn’t seem like it’d be any rougher than any other money clip. But perhaps compared to a wallet slightly.

1 Like

So I bought the barrow. BUT it was in a box. I thought that was ridiculous!

Clearly your life is much more predictable than mine. I have to carry a whole bag with hairbrush, lipstick, reading glasses, sunglasses, my husband’s odd receipts and herbal tea. I mean one never knows when she might have an herbal tea emergency!

1 Like

I’m getting diaper bag flashbacks.

1 Like

I remember carrying one - man they could hold a lot (of beer) of stuff. I still use one as a toolbag now that I don’t have little children.

This is what i did when i was cleaning everything. When i went out, i took my driver’s licence, a credit card, my triple A card, and maybe something else i expected to use, like a health insurance card. With that few cards, i didn’t bother with a wallet, i just put them in my pocket. And when i got home i spritzed them with rubbing alcohol and let them dry before putting them away in my “home” wallet.

But it’s way more convenient to just shove the wallet in my pocket. So I’m doing that again.

I’ve thought about that, but the problem I run into is that having two wallets means that I have to remember to juggle stuff among wallets on a fairly frequent basis.

Here’s what’s in my wallet:

• Driver’s license
  • Health insurance card
  • NEXUS card
  • One of my personal credit cards
  • Corporate credit card
  • One of my debit cards
  • AAA card
  • Car insurance card
  • DOD CAC card
  • “In case of emergency” contact card
  • 2×work key cards (because the offices I visit have incompatible key systems)
  • 2×transit cards (because the offices I visit are in different cities)
  • 3×firearm permits (byzantine nature of US gun laws)
  • Cash (USD and CAD)

I don’t need all of that on a daily basis, but I do need them often enough to justify keeping them on me (as opposed to the “extra” personal credit/debit cards, etc. that live in a safe, and are at risk of being forgotten when preparing for a trip).

I love the look of minimalist wallets, but every time I’m tempted, knowledge of what all I’ll want to load it up with stops me.

Maybe as smartphone-based “wallets” become more widely accepted…

And a hairy arm or leg…

My life is far simpler than yours. Not a brag, but I go out to the store and back. That is far as I go these days.

For traveling, I’d probably carry two wallets (the overflow one in a backpack). I have not traveled (well, wine country) in about a year.

1 Like

It’s best to be prepared. :tup:

2 Likes