I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

After I thought I’d lost my wallet, I only carry one credit card at a time.

1 Like

A Capital One card?
:grimacing:

I’m going for power converters . . . if only I can find the right station . . .

Nah. That one lives in the safe. It’s the first card I got, so I keep it to help my credit score.

I was starting to get embarrassed and didn’t list everything.

I ran into a Pampered Chef lady and she showed me several knife sets. I’m considering it only because some of the profits go to her cause (Suicide Prevention). Are Pampered Chef just overpriced pieces of crap and a scam - or are they decent enough for single dude T-roy?

I haven’t used their knives, but we have a few things from them. I think they are definitely overpriced, but the quality is pretty decent. They would likely be fine for you, buy a knife sharpener. You want one regardless of what you buy, but if the steel is softer then you’ll need to sharpen them more often.

You can buy some pretty cheap manual ones, it’s what I used for years and it was ok. Recently I bought a Chef’s Choice sharpener on eBay for like $45 and it’s significantly better.

1 Like

Cross post to insignificant signals thread. Or to your yet to be established dating thread.

If you meet a woman, and she pulls out her knives… I mean, it’s a signal, I guess.

1 Like

Pampered Chef is good quality stuff that used to be very reasonably priced. However their prices have gone up a lot faster than inflation.

I assume their quality is still fine though. I’ve been happy with my PC purchases.

1 Like

:rofl:

Winner winner chicken dinner?

She’s showing she can handle something long and stiff IYKWIM.

1 Like

Someone supporting suicide prevention by selling knives…

Like PETA raising money by having a hunting rifle yard sale.

1 Like

I know it’s a trope, but i doubt many people actually kill themselves with knives. Even stabbing your finger to do a blood test at home is quite hard.

Night Owl 4K HD Security Cameras (4 pack) - $300 on sale at Lowe’s deal of the day. These look pretty cool with the Human Detection tech and spotlight cameras.

sharper than you.

I am very seriously considering buying a Garrett relic shovel. I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger because spending almost $100 on a shovel seems frivolous. However, the alternative is to keep using my hand digger which is a) hard on my hands and 2) hard on my knees and back.

$100 to noticeably improve your life? That’s cheap therapy.

2 Likes

That would have irked me before this year. But several significant life changes just happened to me in the past half year. So now it’s party time