Hunter Biden Investigation

Was it effective? To the average voter?

The average voter isn’t going to hear about it. The hardcore base, many of whom donate, will, and there may be an increase in donations from it.

Edit: Besides which, calling out hypocrisy should be done whether or not it helps one’s electoral chances because we would all be better off if Congress had less of it.

5 Likes

Perhaps it’s hubris but I’d consider myself more informed than the average voter.

I vaguely heard that hearing was happening, and now have read some mockery of Donald Trump.

I have no other takeaways from the hearing. I doubt the average voter does either. Many MAGA people will see talking points on Fox News, which is all they were ever going to hear. A few Democrats will see the above and chuckle.

Nothing will continue to happen.

There is an impeachment inquiry hearing going on today. I can’t find anything about it on conservative subreddits, I wonder how it is going?

I am impressed by your ability to keep track of all of these things. It’s more than I can stay on top of. Keep posting updates for the rest of us!

I think Lev Parnas, Rudy G’s old buddy, said something like, “Yeah it’s all Russian propaganda.”

Lol still? Have they come up with a hypothesis for a crime to investigate? :rofl:

I feel the impeachment clamor is starting to blow back. Might just be my biased viewpoint, but it’s starting to feel like the claims that Trump won CA. MAGA people will say “of course he did”, but the vast majority roll their eyes.

AOC asked them this exact question, I’m assuming we will get a very well-reasoned answer soon on what they plan on charging one or more of the Bidens with. If I had to guess I’d say in two weeks.

3 Likes

You mean the Biden Crime Syndicate Mafia?

I agree with AOC though, it would be interesting to know how long the House GOP was knowingly continuing the investigation under false pretense. (If they actually ever truly had suspicion of a crime.)

2 Likes

Lol I don’t think any of them actually think there is a major crime to prosecute. It’s all for show, like Benghazi.

1 Like

The stock Republican answer has seemed to always be “That’s what these hearings are for”

Hunter intends to sue Fox. dominion 2.0?

Seems relevant…

And a month later:

Back in 2015:

Hunter’s gun charge trial starts today. NRA mis be so conflicted.

2 Likes

Political lawfare

Witch hunt

Crooked Deep State extremists

Oh wait nevermind, if he violated the law then sentence him, because that’s how the law should function for guilty people.

3 Likes

Was reading /r/Republican on Reddit, they’re entranced with the Hunter Biden trial.

Apparently like Trump’s election interference/records falsification case, the jury is rigged. One person donated to Obama, and one person used to be Secret Service. I would have thought that being Secret Service would mean they hold respect for the rule of law and therefore if not neutral would be biased against Hunter. However, the Republicans over there are claiming that Biden and/or the Deep State rigged the jury so that Hunter can be acquitted.

It reminds me a lot of GOP whining that Judge Merchan is “a huge Biden donor” because I believe he gave $20 to a campaign.

They’re also claiming that Democrats want Hunter to go free because Democrats don’t punish other Democrats. I wasn’t aware that Hunter’s a Democrat but it’s very possible. Either way, I’d like the appropriate punishment applied. I doubt that involves prison time, but if so, okay.

1 Like

I just assumed he was, just like I assume Trump’s kids are Republican. Maybe a bad assumption on my part but unless family comes out publicly against a politician I just assume they are the same party.

1 Like

Not even sure what Hunter’s defense is in this case.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/what-are-criminal-charges-likely-defense-hunter-bidens-gun-trial-2024-06-03/

OK, “I was not a drug addict”
But, book he wrote states that he was a drug addict.
Witnesses will testify to his addiction.
Take the L and stop wasting America’s dollars!

1 Like