Holiday fun: Whamageddon 2021 - Will you survive?

Heard it last night while Christmas shopping.

Last Christmas was playing on the radio yesterday :slight_smile:
But it was the Glee cover and not the original :cry:

Still haven’t heard it in December unfortunately.

Man, the 80’s had some really bad Christmas music. Its all the songs I immediately turn off when I hear them

1 Like

My favorite Christmas music is from the 1700s.

1 Like
1 Like

Had a close call - did some Christmas shopping these past couple of days, and had just accepted my fate it was going to happen. Instead, only heard one cover, so I’m still alive… for now.

(But I’m sure it’s going to get me… it always gets me. sigh)

Mine was a cover, but I took myself out.
So, I’m back in!

I heard a cover tonight, so I’m still in, but I’m not happy.

Why in the world does that song get covered by anyone?

1 Like

At the doctor’s office…I walk in while a cover is playing…happy to still be in but :exams:

Still in, because of the song in question. Somehow, at the cookie walk at the church on Sunday with Santa present, it didn’t play at all.

If the song in question was quasi-dolphin woman and her song, I’d be out about 6 times over.

Not even trying and I’m still alive. Of course I never intentionally listen to Christmas songs.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I heard the original or not. It was a dude tho.

We have a radio station that starts playing Christmas songs on Thanksgiving. Surprised they don’t start in August when the first signs of Christmas – Costco trees – are sighted.

My wife heard “Nothin’ For Christmas” at the B&R B&N yesterday. Lucky.

Still in, but Mariah’ed again. Mrs G was in the car with me and was asking “Why are all the contemporary Christmas songs about lost loves? Nothing about spending Christmas with the one you love and are with now? These people are all miserable!”

1 Like

SiriusXM has Rockin’ Xmas!!! :love_you_gesture:

Local Christmas radio station is on every time I drive somewhere. Spotify Christmas station is often on in our house. Neither have played this song in the month of December while I was listening. I’m trying my best to listen to Christmas music and I’m still in.

Is it possible that Wham! has been banned?
If so, then thank you, ma’am.

2 Likes

Heard a cover sung by a girl today. It still made me :exams:. :face_vomiting:

… and they got me. sigh

(And I thought I was safe! I was listening to the Thursday Night Football game as I was driving, figuring I’d be ignoring all Christmas music that way. What I didn’t realize is that during the commercials that they’d be advertising all the other Christmas stations, “playing your holiday favorites!” … and then playing that one line… but that still counts. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

That’s a really subtle RN. I applaud those kinds of efforts.