Holiday fun: Whamageddon 2021 - Will you survive?

It’s the holiday season, which means it’s time for Whamageddon!

The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM’s Christmas classic; “Last Christmas”.

Other rules:

• The game starts on December 1st, and finishes at the end of December 24th.
    Use your local time-zone, if you’d like.
  • Only the original version applies. Enjoy (or “enjoy”, if you prefer) the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: out of remixes and covers.
  • You’re out as soon as you recognize the song.
    :oh_noes:

Post when you get knocked out. I’ll be curious to know if anyone can make it through the whole holiday season without hearing it (but somehow I think someone on here will manage… 'cause that’s what tends to happen here :man_shrugging: ).

Good luck! :+1:

(Idea courtesy of https://www.whamageddon.com/ )

Timely. I just heard this song last night (11/30) and then the damn thing was stuck in my head & I had trouble falling asleep, so (before midnight) I got of bed and watched a couple JSBach videos on youtube.

I’ve heard it a few times already. :man_shrugging: :christmas_tree: :smiley:

I don’t know which song is worse, that one or the “simply having a wonderful Christmastime” one. Ugh.

Does it have to be the Wham version, or just the song (regardless of artist)?

ETA: I see my question has been covered.

I’ve already heard it multiple times but not today and game started today! So I’m still in for now

No commute and my preference for audiobooks are to my advantage.

1 Like

Unless it happens at one of the two get togethers I’m going to this month, one of which is not holiday purposed, I’ll probably make it through unscathed. Well, except for having it immediately pop into my head by reading this thread. I don’t drive to the office anymore, my spouse does the grocery shopping, and the kids are getting cash for Christmas, potentially via Zelle, since we’re not doing our traditional Christmas week at the beach.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

3 Likes

The song is in my head now because I opened up this thread. UA is a jerk!

Not sure if it’s the song in general, or just the version that counts towards this game, but if you want to get out (and tear your ears out), check out the inspiration for this thread:

I just heard a cover while eating at IHOP.

Close call.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ditto Cub Foods.

I hate this song.

:japanese_ogre:

Dammit, I’m out.

2 Likes

So far, so good!

My wife had it on the Alexa when I went into the kitchen last night.

3 Likes

Still in. I’ve decided not to listen to radio Christmas music this year. There are too many songs that annoy me that get played too often.

1 Like

Car radio was set to the Christmas music station as we went to get a tree. The danger of this didn’t click until I heard the song.