Helping "friend" with drug test

Does it help with your mom’s pain? Asking for a friend’s mom, see.

I have heard companies drug test because it helps with their insurance or workers comp premiums. Is that so?

Many states require a discount for “a drug free workplace”, yes. I do not believe that discount is backed by any data, however.

I haven’t looked into this in years. Decades. But i did, once, and we found that companies that did drug tests had slightly worse WC loss costs than those that didn’t.

Shortly thereafter, and independent of my work, the ncci said they were looking into it. I was on the industry panel that reviewed their research at the time. So, we were curious what they would find.

They never reported any results at all. Which led me to believe they found the same thing we did, and didn’t want to publish that.

I’d be curious if anyone has looked at this in the past severely years, however.

Absolutely. She’d likely be looking at a wheelchair or a hip replacement without it.
MJ/CBD oil is a miracle drug IMO. Without exaggeration. It fixes so many problems, reasonable naturally and low cost.

Anxiety types of things run through my SO’s side of the family. Any number of them have ditched the chemical drugs for treatment and moved over to CBD.

Some time ago I spoke with someone who was incapacitated due to migraines. They’d routinely be unable to work for a day or two. They told me that now when they feel the initial twinges, they head to the garage after the kids are in bed, take two puffs (not enough to get high I guess) and voila, no more migraines. The impact of that isn’t just no more migraines - it’s a complete lifestyle change. No more downtime, days off work, days of pain. Stuff like that is why I’m a big fan (even though I don’t partake myself, I’m not some sort of hippy).

I couldn’t have actually found MJ in school, didn’t know anyone. Now however when I should be at an age not to be able to find it, it’s not uncommon for me to have up to a pound of it in the house. I had to vacuum seal a bunch of it because the dining room was starting to smell like it.
It’s almost harvest season again, so I’ll probably have another stash rolling in in the next few months.
Again, for the record, I don’t actually partake.

Smoking pot hurts my throat and makes me feel sick, similar to cigarettes. Eating pot puts me to sleep. I don’t get the appeal of either.

Yeah, that’s pretty stupid. Did you take prescription meds since you cut your hair? Congrats! You will test positive.

Try an ice bong, it should cool the smoke enough that it doesn’t burn your throat like a joint would.

There’s also tinctures that you can leave under your tongue for a different way to absorb, but a lot of it ultimately goes through your stomach so may feel like edibles.

I’m guessing sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, and dickheads are all still eligible.

I can see the value of random drug tests during employment, but even that can easily be dodged.

I have a lot of flight attendant friends who would time the possibility of having a test. The only drug you end up having to avoid is weed, which is dumb. Like you’re literally forcing people to do the harder drugs because they’re out of your system faster.

Literally forcing? I think we might have different definitions for both of those words if you believe this to be true.

3 Likes

They are certainly encouraging staff to pick harder drugs over pot, but no one is being forced to take recreational drugs.

Eta: ninja’d

1 Like

Probably because

Now that it’s getting so hard to get narcotics I will probably be using more CBD oil for my back issues. But… it stays in your system for HOW long??? That will be annoying if I ever switch jobs.

If you’re taking CBD without THC (i.e. the legal kind), I don’t think it would show up on a drug test at all.

1 Like

Oh, I thought it did.

To many people, it is definitely forcing. Most Americans don’t live sober. We want our minds altered. The existence of drug tests forces you into a direction that you normally wouldn’t consider.
Sure, if you’ve been sober your whole life, then this whole conversation doesn’t pertain to you. But let’s not pretend most people on this forum can abstain from alcohol for a whole month.

Like, if one goes to the club and knows s/he might have a drug test next week, s/he might pop a pill instead of smoking pot. Or simply do a drug that companies don’t even test for, like ketamine or GHB.

To be fair, we are talking about the guy who considers infidelity to be “self-care”.

1 Like

I abstain from alcohol for a whole month many months in a row. It can give me reflux. Alcohol doesn’t make you fail a drug test though, so not sure how that’s applicable here.

I do drink when I’m around people, but I can go a while not being around people.

Don’t you also believe addiction isn’t real for most people, though? So which one is it?

Some companies do test for alcohol. Not for a preemployment drug screen though.