Happy Thoughts

Well… I’m ok with using the word “literally” figuratively. That’s common parlance and generally quite clear from context.

If I say “Brrr, it was literally a thousand degrees below zero out there!” it’s pretty obvious that I’m using “literally” figuratively.

But biweekly shouldn’t / can’t / doesn’t mean both twice a week and every other week. That’s (non-figuratively) literally insane!

2 Likes

What if you have a meeting that occurs twice a week, every other week?

“Let’s bring this up at our next biweekly biweekly touchbase.” Love it.

1 Like

Biweekly semi-weekly :judge:

1 Like

Isn’t it really semi-weekly biweekly? :rdh:

1 Like

No, that’s crazy talk.

1 Like

I’m having a bunch of my siblings over tonight to make some fleece blankets for kids in foster care. We are gonna make at least 8! And have some pizza and drinks and socialize a bit.

7 Likes

And the cold is now gone! That was easy.

3 Likes

You have a lot of siblings to make 8! blankets.

2 Likes

And that’s a lotta :pizza: toooooo!

1 Like

I finally finished the embroidery detail on the baby quilt I was working on. That itself is not a happy thought, I am not good at embroidery and don’t like it. But I should have the two small quilts done very soon!

1 Like

And I significantly overestimated the square footage of the area being replaced! Our full house is 1450, we are doing most of the upstairs, plus a little more than half because the full stairwell is being replaced. So I put it at 700 square feet…but it’s only around 530. Which means this is costing us less than $7k now. Which ain’t bad for what we are getting.

Do note that sq footage estimates are often just wrong. We bought a house once where they’d based the sq footage on… I think it was from the appraisal. But then I found a different number somewhere else. Not wildly different but like 5% off.

Like, do you measure the area of each room, and hallway, and closet, and add that all up? Seems like the best way but it’s a lot of hassle. If your house is a rectangle that’s 20 x 40, do you just call it 800 sq ft even though walls eat up actual sq footage?

1 Like

I just did a quick estimate to get to the 700, based off the amount on our auditor’s website, I have never validated that number so it may well be off. The trip to the flooring place was a bit spontaneous and we didn’t measure beforehand. They had someone come out yesterday to measure all the spaces, including closets, with a laser.

We aren’t redoing the bathroom or my office/sewing room, and those both feel super tiny, so I didn’t reduce by much to account for those, but apparently they are not that tiny.

I just reported you to the ABCD.

4 Likes

But I added a disclaimer!!

4 Likes

DNMMR, imo.

2 Likes

5*, amirite?

3 Likes

Got some more cinnamon rolls from our baker friend!!! OMG, they are delicious!!! And some butter tarts tooooooooo!!! :yum:

2 Likes

My Little Free Library arrived today. We’re gonna fill it with lots of books!

5 Likes

We have a bunch of Little Free Libraries in my neighborhood. My favorite one has a dog treat box fixed to the post underneath the library. I like it enough that I was thinking I might install a dog treat box (no library) in front of my house to further spread joy to the neighborhood pooches.

4 Likes