Happy Thoughts

I’m going to be struggling soon, Tesla uses your phone as the key (they do give you a credit card thing that is also a key, but most people just set up their phone), and there isn’t a button or anything to start the car. You just get in and drive, and when you’re done you don’t manually turn anything off, you just walk away.

So at some point I’m going to be driving a ‘normal’ car and I’ll just leave it running and walk off.

2 Likes

Parked in a multi-story garage in a touristy area (most of the people, if not all, in the garage were likely staying at nearby hotels) this past weekend. I parked next to a Charger(?) that was running with no one in it. Came back to my car about 4 hours later, same car was still sitting there running. Unfortunately I forgot to check to see if the car was still there when we re-entered the garage later that night or when we left the next morning. I just assumed it was an old person driving an unfamiliar car that “forgot” to turn it off. I hadn’t considered this could be a reason why they might forget.

3 Likes

We are finally getting a quote on replacing our upstairs flooring. TBD if this will still be a happy thought once I get numbers…

3 Likes

What kind of flooring?

Vinyl, with carpet on the stairs. We have a small house, so it’s only about $8k. I was hoping for under $10k.

3 Likes

the woman I met for coffee / a muffin this morning is NOT my crazy stalker ex-girlfriend!

I had a sudden thought yesterday that she might be, 'cause profile picture was no picture at all, so started freaking out and planning my verbal tirade of “Get away from me, get away from my children, it was the worst mistake of my life to introduce you to them, if there is a hell it will just be you saying “hi!” to me and threatening again to burn down my house, I hope you move six countries away and forget that I ever lived!!!”

But it wasn’t! So relieved.

10 Likes

:popcorn:

2 Likes

My 10yo and I have resumed our biweekly sushi nights. So tasty.

7 Likes

You missed a golden opportunity to use the :sushi: “emoji”

2 Likes

You eat sushi twice a week? Isn’t that a lot of mercury in your diet? :squid: :fried_shrimp: :oden: :shrimp: :rice:

Depends on what fish you are eating. It certainly can be.

She didn’t say “semi-weekly”.

3 Likes

This guy gets it.

2 Likes

I’m going to make the switch to saying fortnightly, it sounds cooler anyway.

5 Likes
  1. I probably used to eat sushi at least twice a week, before I cut way down on carbs and restaurant eating.

2. Why does no one get confused about the meaning of biweekly when it comes to paycheck timing?

3. Yes, I know biweekly means by definition both twice a week, and once every two weeks, but also, why use the first one when semiweekly is also a thing and only has ONE definition? smh

2 Likes

Naw, biweekly has one definition: once every two weeks. You used it correctly.

2 Likes

I agree with you as a non-psychopath, but Ms. Merriam Webster disagrees.

1 Like

(That’s a joke, I once had a coworker who thought Merriam-Webster was a woman named Miriam Webster).

4 Likes

Well Miriam is wrong!

2 Likes

The woman who says literally means “not literally true” is indeed a psychopath. Can’t trust that b.

1 Like