Happy Thoughts

I met a large male English mastiff who was a lap dog. He’d start by sliding his nose into your lap. Then you were pinned…

3 Likes

My husband got my electric blanket out from the linen closet, my toes are thawing nicely.

3 Likes

A while back a friend had a huge Rottweiler, and his only spare bed was a single. That dog would jump on the bed and wrestle for space, and I didn’t have much of a weight advantage.

Tesla has built my car, I got the VIN today. Should have it by the end of the month!

3 Likes

Just don’t park it next to one that looks a lot like yours:

so it’s also a carshare purchase too? Sweet! could be cheaper than an uber if you see one parked wherever you need it.

3 Likes

I saw that. It’s possible there was a glitch, but given how Bluetooth pairing works I think it’s more likely the owner left a key or his phone in the car or something. The good news is there are like five other Teslas in my city so it’s a slight risk here. EVs aren’t exactly fetch in the midwest just yet.

Years ago when I had a Honda, I unlocked my car and the lights flashed not only on my car, but also on the Odyssey parked in front of my car. Thought it was maybe coincidence, so I locked my car and the Odyssey locked as well. I repeated this several times until I guess the ‘rolling code’ thing caught up, at which point the Odyssey was locked and then I unlocked my car and left.

The first guy drove the otehr car using his own phone. So if two phones were in the one car, how was the other guy able to get into the second one.

Funny story. A few years ago, my dad ran into 7-11 and he left his car running. When he came out, he jumped in and started driving home. But the radio stations looked funny. And there was no change in the cup holder.

Turns out, he got into a different silver Honda that was parked right next to his and also running.

He drove back just as the guy was calling the police…

2 Likes

Oh, I see. When I read about this yesterday, either the article I saw failed to mention that the second guy started the wrong car as well, or I read it wrong.

Very possibly a glitch. Also a chance that the cars and the two guys were close together. As long as you’re within 25’ or so of the car, it’ll unlock.

Maybe I should enable a PIN so this doesn’t happen. Which works as you’d expect, you can maybe get in the car but it requires a PIN to start the car.

And this is a happy thought?

Just piggy-backing on the tesla story

Back in the day (late 80s/early 90s) we had two Dodge vehicles. The keys were interchangeable ~90% of the time-which is to say, if you grabbed the wrong key, you were probably able to start the vehicle that you were in, and then you drove it far away and that’s when the ~10% of the time would happen.

Chrysler quality used to be crap. In many ways it still is, but it used to be, too.

Each owner could have left a key fob in the glove box in which case Tesla probably didn’t do anything wrong. Don’t leave your key fobs in the glove box!

But if one owner’s was able to activate the other vehicle then that’s a major design flaw.

I’m coming back home from an appointment just after 3. My route took me by the elementary school. At first, I thought it would be a zoo, but the little dears are off for March Break this week!!! Smooth sailing all the way!!! :+1:

4 Likes

My FIL was notorious for leaving his keys in the car. One time he pulled into parking space a store, came out later and it was gone. Called police and shortly after they arrived it came back. The driver was luvky he didn’t get shot. He was the mechanic from the auto shop in the strip mall, who had been expecting a car of the exact model. Police said “good story, we don’t believe it” and the guy was about to be arrested, then the car he was expecting showed up.

2 Likes

:grimacing:

I leave my keys in the car a lot. Put them in the pocket on the door or on the floor.

As more cars become “keyless” or at least not the traditional “insert key in ignition and turn to start” that will become more common. I typically lock my keyless cars (and don’t use phone to do it), so I have to have the keys in my hand when leaving the car.

You don’t need the phone if you have the keys. Just touch the lines on the handle and it will lock.

The keys can be in the bottom of my purse and I’ll do this. It won’t lock if the keys are in the car… it’s smart enough to know.

I use my phone to lock my car if I want to lock my purse and keys inside, such as when I go to the gym.