Happy Thoughts

The doorbell rang, which often leads to a minor annoyance. This time I found a box of warm cookies outside the front door.

6 Likes

I’d forgotten how tasty cinnamon sprinkled in coffee is.

2 Likes

Mrs F will lament that her (irregular) TOM has commenced and I always ask her to focus on the positive side of that. (then i get reminded how impossible it is for her. to which i remind her that “miracles happen every day!” (then I get scolded for being a dumbass.))

2 Likes

Posted by a Republican, yet not eligible for “Republicans say the darnedest things”

1 Like

Found on Facebook posted by a former AO regular.

may i ask who? I see it all over the internet, but without credit

Just in case you claim to be the author and are thinking about suing him for non-attribution, he did I identify his source as Coffee Party USA on Facebook. I just went to their page, and they indicate Author unknown but very much appreciated (which was also included on the AO poster’s page). Found other Happy Thoughts on their page, including

and (really more Funny and SFW than Happy Thought)
Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 8.58.09 AM

As to the poster, so embarrassed. Brain fart: I don’t remember his primary AO id. As an alt, he ran AO survivor games as Jeff Probst.

I got a text from one of the students that I take fishing last night, wishing me and my spouse a merry Christmas.

Stuff like that warms the cockles, and I don’t even know what cockles are

3 Likes

But I do know when they’ve been warmed.

TIL that some people have more than one!

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 6.30.03 PM

2 Likes

Lay down for a nap tonight around 8PM, woke up at midnight. Some would say that’s no nap, but that’s been my default nap duration for as long as I can remember. Probably would have been asleep for the night, but my husband was playing Pokémon next to me and my son kept popping in to watch and ask questions, so now I’m wide awake and likely will be the rest of the night. Will probably play some Clue and watch more Lost. Huzzah.

2 Likes

Pokemongo?? What level is he? Does he wanna be trainer friends?

I think one of my sons does play Pokémon go, but my youngest son is more into the switch Pokémon games. I don’t even know what the difference between all of them are, he got literally four of them for Christmas, and I guess they come in like…pairs or something? He had sword and Pearl before, he got violet and scarlet for Christmas, and also diamond (pairs with Pearl) and Arceus (no pair for that one I don’t think). It’s a little absurd.

Despite all the dire warnings, i breezed through airport security and got to my gate something like 20 minutes after my husband dropped me off. It felt like less, but i spent some time taking stuff out of my pockets and putting it all back in, and some time texting my husband.

2 Likes

I just remembered I have Christmas candy!

6 Likes

Reinsurance renewals finally tied up for next year, so I suddenly have a TON more free time at work. Like I don’t actually know what I’m going to do the rest of the day. Or week. Until quarterly/annual data stuff rolls around. It’s nice.

2 Likes

Buxom, pretty, friendly bartender on during trivia again.

2 Likes

surgeons believe they got it all. kid woke up and had all movement in limbs (location made some of that a remote, but serious, concern). now recovering from surgery and all the pain/discomfort that comes as a natural follow up to what the surgery was.

7 Likes