Happy Thoughts

From the “my how things have changed” files. On my first air travel vacation as a kid (circa 1980) , there was some kind of delay, so the airline took us from the connecting flight to the next flight in a car on the tarmac.

3 Likes

I once missed a connecting flight despite about a third of the passengers on that second flight coming from my (late) flight. Maybe the flight crew was going to time out or something. I had to stay overnight at the hotel at my expense because they messed up.

More recently, Hawaiian airlines held my first flight because my husband was in a killer security line, and if we missed that flight, we’d miss the connection to the flight home and we’d be stuck overnight. (I had TSA pre, and had made the flight in plenty of time.) I was literally standing in the plane, texting my husband and talking with the flight crew, and they decided they could wait just a little longer. Thru took off a lot less than 15 minutes after he boarded.

(I had to race around the airport with one of his bags at the second flight, too, because i could afford to leave security to fetch it, and he couldn’t.)

1 Like

Sheep or pigs

I’m only working two days this week! And I slept hard from 1:30 last night, when I got home and unpacked, until 10:30 this morning, didn’t even hear my kids fighting over the souvenirs I brought home for them - a plush armadillo and a plush longhorn. Thought the longhorn would be the favorite, but they both wanted the armadillo. Kids are funny.

3 Likes

i was just on a flight where virtually the entire 1st class missed the tranfer. All the comfort plus went to 1st and then they stsrted moving up those in steerage

The busty, cute, friendly bartender was working during trivia last nite.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Daughter made jambalaya for dinner, including shrimp cooked separately just for me since she doesn’t like shrimp. She made enough that it will be two more dinners, possibly 3 more.

5 Likes

So how is Ralph these days?

I am currently a grey kitty sandwich.

1 Like

Two grey kittehs - at the same time!!! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

What’s even happier about this whole situation is that Gus (one of the two grey kitties) did not have any idea how to cuddle a human prior to 2 days ago.

He accidentally figured out that he can lean against my arm and/or leg (and that he likes doing so) when - in a bout of jealously - he got between Bert (the other grey kitty) and myself. Bert subsequently quacked loudly at Gus, and then Gus went fainting-goat-syndrome on me and fell into my arm.

He stayed for the next hour and I dared not move. He’s been cuddly ever since. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

It’s the cat version of “You have been chosen.”
You don’t question “Why?” you just do everything you can to keep it going.

2 Likes

Made some new friends this week, cool interesting people. Friends of a friend. the one fellow is a drummer (my comment to him: ‘that doesn’t sound like it pays very much’ lol), and a couple. The one person of the couple reminds me of tig notaro. Looks like her, brisk and no-bullshit like her, etc. I mentioned this to my friend and now it’s one of those ‘can’t get the idea out of her head’.
I like interesting people. My friend is interesting and as a result, has a lot of interesting friends. I’m the plebe in the group.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Eating homemade apple pie still warm from the oven.

3 Likes

Not a huge fan of cops, but generally supportive of them. Especially in cases like this

1 Like

I’m not pregnant.

7 Likes

me neither!

3 Likes

So NA and Bro are not pregnant together. Hmm…

3 Likes