Happy Thoughts

Thank you. I haven’t looked at them all yet, but expect I wlll. Mildly surprised that they seem to all be in color, since the ones in the Philadelphia paper were printed in black and white, as is normal for Saturday. I don’t expect Sunday will have color versions, but maybe.

The first one I looked at was The Wizard of Id, a strip I used to like but now don’t get. It was certainly a Happy Thought (as a very tasteful tribute comic, not Happy at seeing the Wizard of Id again).

1 Like

Thanks again, Now seen them all, and enjoyed almost all of them. Obviously very subjective, but For Better or Worse also ranks very high on the tasteful tribute scale (while of almost 0 merit as a cartoon), and Tank McNamara, normally not a cartoon I enjoy, gets tremendous credit for integrating the tribute into a typical theme for the strip.

3 Likes

Well the Big Nate one gets one detail wrong: Charlie Brown does get to kick the football in the TV special “It’s Magic, Charlie Brown”, which is on the same DVD as the Halloween special on the holiday DVD set that I have.

Snoopy checks out a book from the library on magic and accidentally makes Charlie Brown invisible. Which, he already feels invisible, but this is even worse because he actually is and Snoopy can’t figure out how to reverse the spell. But the one advantage of being invisible is that Lucy can’t see him so she doesn’t know to pull the football out of the way. So he actually kicks it while she’s holding it.

I’m not sure if that’s the only time in the whole Peanuts canon that he actually kicks the ball, but there is at least that one time. (If you know of other examples, please post.)

He tries to kick it a second time but Snoopy figures out how to reverse the invisibility spell just before he gets to the ball, so Lucy sees him in time to pull the ball away the second time.

Agree. I liked a lot of them. Man, I haven’t read the comics in years though… lotta strips I’d never heard of.

1 Like

Got lucky and managed to find what may be the only black Bosch dishwasher in the state. It’s not the exact model I wanted but I’m calling it a win.

4 Likes

My BIL’s family is very happy with their Bosch.

Everyone is telling me that. Consumer Reports, the NYT, This Old House, Reddit. Everyone has Bosch either #1 or #2 on their list. So I really wanted one but their supply chain is in shambles at the moment.

Percocet is goooooooood.

1 Like

The time I took it I didn’t like it… it made me itch all over. I can’t see how people can get addicted to it… it’s one thing for treating acute pain, but it wasn’t pleasurable for me at all. But must affect different people differently.

Regardless, I’m glad it’s helping you now!

4 of the last 7 weeks
she is 1 point ahead of me for the season, but I lead 3rd place by 13 points

My son broke one of our Fiesta dinner plates a while back - not the happy thought. I was doing some Christmas shopping at our local department store today and they had one, so we are back to a full set now.

2 Likes

Had a similiar happy thought… We came home after a weekend away, and various parts of the house were a disaster. The living room looked like the kids had set up camp there.
Realized that it meant the kids were there for the entire weekend, being comfortable. And they had a friend who is sort of in between houses right now, our house was a natural for them to spend some time until they head back to their parent’s place. So the untidiness was an indication that the kids and their friends are comfortable crashing at our place. That’s the happy thought.

3 Likes

I complete my Invisalign treatment in 8 weeks! I will finally have a normal smile without little things glued to my teeth, cutting up my mouth.

7 Likes

I made a big pot of chicken stock this weekend, which has been doled out into smaller containers. They’re in the freezer even as I type this. :yum:

2 Likes

So, what did you do with the chicken? :dog:

The chikkinz bonez and veggiez went into the compost bin. But if u were here wit me, I woulda luvingly hand pikked some deeeeeeeeelishus chikkinz meatz juuuuuuuuuuust for U!!! Who’s a gud gurl??? Are U a gud gurl??? OF COURSE U R!!!

1 Like

Yo! Here’s a load of Happy for ya.

Just published a book!

Anyone who needs a gag gift, something for Yankee Swap, or just to piss off that one relative who seems impossibly picky should get a copy or three.

4 Likes

I got gifted a $200 bass pro card for helping a buddy reno his kitchen. So last night I got to wander around on a shopping spree at bass pro. How’s that not a good time?
Plus, I spent it all on ice fishing equipment, which was cool, looking forward to doing that. I’m now fully equipped to take myself + 7 students ice fishing, so the $200 will be a happy thought many times over as I use the equipment numerous times through the winter.

Also, not posted, I had all the ice fishing equipment years ago and sold it all because ice fishing is stupid. yet here we are.

1 Like

4 Likes