Happy Thoughts

On my Thanksgiving trip I discovered Another Broken Egg Cafe. I had a Lobster and Brie omelet. It was amazing. Considering planning my next trip around locations of this restaurant.

3 Likes

2 Likes

My Allbirds shoes arrived today, my company bought a pair for everyone. Nice swag!

2 Likes

Took my hunting dog out hunting today. Turns out it’s a stick retriever. Flushed a pheasant, didn’t point or even startle when the bird took off. OTOH I got a face cord of wood.

4 Likes

Looks like my late Weimaraner.

Yeah, it’s a weim, same as our last dog.
Supposed to be a great hunting dog, and I suppose would be if she got trained. But from what I understand, training is pretty aggressive. Like they use negative reinforcement. And I can’t put a dog a sensitive as a weim into training like that. So, she can just bring me sticks I guess.

5 Likes

I got between 1-2 hours of sleep last night, but I don’t feel the effects today, shockingly. I’m sure tomorrow I will feel terrible no matter how much sleep I get, that’s the kicker.

3 Likes

me too! I woke about 3 am, couldn’t get back to sleep, so I just lay in the bed with my eyes closed and breathing. It was a loooong time until my alarm was about to go off.

1 Like

I appreciate your correct usage of lay in this sentence.

Donated blood today. I have a wiggly vein so it’s not always a given that the first stick is a good one. Today’s was a good one. Saved some lives and minimal bruising, in under 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Stressed about a brutal assignment due next week, amongst a trip I have to take and heavy load at work.
Just had a look at it (Ive been reviewing material for some days, in preparation). Turns out it’s not great, but not as brutal as expected. A third to a half are mostly just algebra. So, doable. Sigh of relief.

Also, trip next week involves a visit to my sister. Here’s a pick she sent me today, 5 minutes from here house.

So my trip is going to involve goose hunting one morning.

Seems like you could just use a huge butterfly net and just grab a bunch of them at once.

I thought it was a frosted window.

1 Like

It almost looks like one of those 3D image illusions. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Same. Do you see the sail boat?

Nah, it’s a unicorn.

You said keep your eyes out of focus, which is misleading. You want DEEP focus!

I see something that could be a spaceship. Is it round? Is it pointy?

One of the students I take hunting returned from visiting family in Qatar. Brought me some fresh dates. I made an appetizer I found on the internet, dates stuffed with goat cheese topped with pistachios. Tasty as hell.

5 Likes