Happy Thoughts

Mine aren’t blown, but I’ll try to be quiet enough that you don’t hear me.

Even if I had blown all that were on the ground, at least 25% are still on the trees.

Gonna make a big pot of butternut squash soup tonight!!! :yum:

1 Like

Would be a happier thought if you had a way to share it with us. The real soup, not just a picture

If you were in the neighbourhood, I would save you a bowl!!!

I am in your neighbourhooud, depending on epsilon of course.

3 Likes

No need for the second “u”, but that was sweet of you to consider it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mine don’t usually fall of until January, then the new ones are mostly back in February.

I’ve posted about all the UWaterloo international students I introduce to the outdoors. One of the things that’s come up a number of times is deciduous and coniferous trees. They’re puzzled by the concept, and can’t pinpoint the difference. Two weeks ago I had a student asking me about this, followed by asking me when the leaves on the pine trees were going to fall.

3 Likes

Well…

The Red Cross tells me that I have never had some virus, CMV, which apparently only about 15% of people have never had by my age, and only people who have never had the virus are able to have their blood donated to babies. So that made my day. I often wonder how my blood has been used.

8 Likes

Wife and I entered the chili cookoff at the local brewery. I can in first and she came in second.

(Only 5 entries, but we bot got raves from all the attendees. Several people asked for recipes. Won $50 in brewery tokens for our efforts.)

5 Likes

:tup:

Done for the year, I hope. There are already a few more on the ground and some still on the trees, but likely enough to live with. Township leaf vacuuming truck is supposed to come around this week and remove them from the street. That schedule is set up before the leaf season, so at times they get pretty far off. Alternating weeks for each ward. We’re scheduled again Dec 5-9 if I have to blow more.

I went to an NFL football game yesterday and made record time getting home. It was 18 minutes from the moment I started my car in the stadium lot to pulling in my driveway, including dropping my brother off at his condo on the way. I left right after the final whistle in a game where most people stayed to the end. I’ve got my route and the traffic patterns dialed in.

Contrast your yard right now with my yard right now lol.

Also just noticed that my spouse hasn’t tarped the chairs yet.

And wtf is my axe doing sitting outside hammered into a stump? Does anybody put stuff away in this house?

1 Like

ISWYDT Cut down a tree so it doesn’t drop leaves. Overkill IMO

2 Likes

The tree was overhanging the house. Leaves, blocking the sun, squirrels getting on the roof etc. So it has to go, replaced with a stump that doubles as a plant stand.
I tap the trees for maple syrup so I resist cutting them down

Perhaps almost all those leaves came from trees not on our property. They all came from the backyard. Any from the dogwood in the front yard dropped in October and were scattered in the wind. Back yard has a Japanese maple: I don’t think I could make maple syrup from it. All the rest are definitely on neighbors’ property or in a narrow strip between our house and the yard to the back. No useful area of the strip, and I’m unsure who owns it.