Happy Thoughts

That reminds me, I recently heard Iron and Wine cover Such Great Heights by the Postal Service. It’s pretty spectacular.

2 Likes

My husband listens to Pandora and that song has come up frequently! It’s a good one.

1 Like

Ben folds has a fun cover of such great heights. Maybe just on youtube?

1 Like

Spending time with my wife on the North Fork of Long Island for a couple days.

Beautiful weather spending time with a beautiful lady.

4 Likes

My anniversary is pi day. I also recently learned that pi day is also another holiday, but a NSFW one. My husband prefers that one.

1 Like

Reddit is a dumpster fire, but occasionally I come across a thread that reminds me that there are still kind, giving people in this world. Mostly outside the US.

2 Likes

When I went to Spain recently I got a killer mileage redemption deal for first class with the lay flat seats. Unfortunately the good deal was taken for the non-stop on my return flight, so I had to book a connection in JFK with a 4 hour layover to get the deal. When I got to the airport for my return flight, I asked if they’d put me on the non-stop instead. They did so at better than no-charge: the non-stop had slightly lower taxes/fees, so they issued me a small credit for putting me on a much better flight.

9 Likes

Right now we can’t get the local PBS station, so wife can’t watch Nature shows, but they put that stuff easily online (youtube, I think), so it’s easily watchable on our “smart” tv.

Happy wife = much less strife in my life

Hey, that’s sexist!

My son took me and a couple uwaterloo students duck hunting this morning. Had a good time, shot my first duck.

I called the students stormtroopers but I don’t think they got the reference.

2 Likes

My son has a decoy that is just a ducks butt that sticks out of the water and wiggles around like a feeding duck.

He calls it kim (As in, Kardashian).

1 Like

My son finished in 38 minutes, which is 2 minutes faster than he ran it last year, and he didn’t stop to walk, so it was a good race.

My husband ran the 5k in 22:38. Not bad for a 44 year old who didn’t train for it. Came in 12th overall and 3rd in his age group.

8 Likes

First snow of the winter. Took our dog out to see how they’d do hunting. Poorly it turns out, but they had fun.

4 Likes

But the dog does have the basics. Hunting dogs are cool to watch. Our dog does the back and forth thing automatically, they run out about 50 yards, then back to me, then back out again, back and forth. Pointed a few times but who knows, I didnt see anything when they pointed.

pointed out that hey, all this snow is so fun and I love running in it!

3 Likes

happy to see a story i wrote is now published (and I got paid for it! “professional” rate, too :slight_smile: )

https://thearcanist.io/the-wish-artist-1f38bedc7fe0

5 Likes

So cute!

I just read It: I liked it!!! :+1:

1 Like

My neighbor’s leaf people are sucking up the leaves into a truck. The leaves are all down. As soon as this is done, I expect to stop having to hear leaf blowers until next year. :slight_smile: