Happy Thoughts

1. That was in the ‘Significant’ thread
  2. She wasn’t a ‘volleyball mom.’ It was after volleyball and she was a patron at the bar.
1 Like

Ordered for an upcoming long weekend.

1 Like

1 Like

Got to my Dr’s appointment 15 minutes early. They called me back to the exam room almost immediately. The doctor came in within 5 minutes, and I was checked out including making a follow up appointment about 10 minutes after my initial appointment time start. Never had such speedy service at a medical provider before.

5 Likes

Fresh corn from the farmers market cooked and topped with butter and salt!! So gooooooood!!! :yum:

2 Likes

Heard a song yesterday while eating dinner:

Be double-E, double-R, U, N
BEER RUN!

OOohhh, Can I recommend what else to put on that?

Wisconsin Parmesan cheeze and some hot peppers (like the hot peppers for pizza)

Like a southwest kinda thing??? Sounds goooood!!! :drooling_face:

For those unfamiliar:

3 Likes

All you need is a ten and a fiver! A car and a key and a sober driver!

I took 3 days off last week to hang with husband (3 year anniversary) and he got all romantic on me with an expensive hotel, champagne & strawberries, one of those dinners with 3 courses that is actually 9 courses… he framed the poem he wrote to propose to me. sigh

I also took 3 days off this week to hang with husband’s spawn (one had a birthday). There was a surprise VR arcade and ice cream cake (family party tomorrow).

I have one foster kitten of the 3 brothers left (sad face), but Gus-Gus is slowly making progress in terms of tolerating humans (happy face). He runs if you try to touch him, but he’s otherwise all kitten (even randomly purrs sometimes). I like him.

That’s all my happy for today. I’m very content with life.

8 Likes

Sitting at a cottage on a lake having a coffee at 630am, everyone else sound asleep.
I’m doing four things this week. Sleeping, reading, Atving and fishing.
I may be the only one awake because last night my kids were calling me ‘two beer space lobster’. Lotta fun apparently, but no stamina lol.

3 Likes

I got my motorcycle endorsement. Very relieved.

10 Likes

starting the day with sambuca?

Remnants of the evening before.

1 Like

Seven years ago, I was being told to try not to push so my doctor could make it to the hospital. My son would be born 42 minutes later, at 3 AM on the nose.

Apollo 13 was playing on VHS in the background, but as much as I love Gary and Tom, I just couldn’t pay attention for some reason.

Not sure why my brain chose to wake me up to relive that memory, but it’s a good one. Good movie, and good kid.

6 Likes

Why’s the guy gotta be sober?

Breakfast of champions

you want the chance to drink the beer, dontcha?

I’m in DC for a meeting. Am I the only one who voluntarily takes public transit? Nobody else on my team would consider it. I like public transit, the great equalizer.

Admittedly, I’m a large white man. I can see some people avoiding it for concerns of safety.