Happy Thoughts

So that’s what the kids are calling it these days?

2 Likes

Awe, thank you, I’ll take that as a “T-roy looks young” comment!

Aaaaand, my belt loop moved one notch to the positive comfortably today

5 Likes

got news yesterday that a publishing company is gonna accept my story. aaaaaaand they’re gonna pay me!

Nah, it ain’t actu-donk $$ yet, but give it a few decades to build up the audience and then it’s See ya later, suckers!

15 Likes

That is absolutely insane. Congratulations! Crazy impressive.

Keep us in mind after you are rich and famous

I want a signed first edition!!!

That’s so cool. Congrats.

2 Likes

thanks! thought I’ll say less “insanity” and more perseverance. This story has been rejected 11 times already. In the past 3 calendar years (2020-2022) I’ve made 143 fiction submissions of 22 different stories. In that time, this is only the 3rd acceptance. Which is pretty par for the course. It often feels like a lottery. But this, at least, is one I’m willing to invest my time in.

I’ll see what I can do!

If you want a signed first edition of my already-published volume of short stories (Predatory Behavior and Other Stories) send me a DM with an address. If you just want the book, feel free to order directly.

2 Likes

full video at this link:

I submitted plans and permit applications for a bath remodel. I have no idea what I’m doing here, just gave it the old college try.

Today I got a response. I submitted a schematic of the bathroom, and a separate one that also includes the bedroom, since expanding the bathroom impacts the bedroom.

Anywho, I didn’t bother to include the existing windows so as far as the city can see, it’s a death trap with no emergency egress. So they asked me to show them that I could escape the bedroom in case of fire. That was the only thing I need to correct. Not bad!

5 Likes

It made the national nightly news with David Muir tonight.

1 Like

At first I thought you were talking about mathman’s bathroom remodel. Slow news day I guess.

3 Likes

It is a really nice bath remodel!

1 Like

My neighbour brought us some tomatos from her garden!!!

1 Like

cross-post to 'Insignificant signals" thread?

She’s not a drunk volleyball mom. :wink: