Happy Thoughts

What’s up with the way she pronounced Bayesian at the end?

i’m guessing she wasn’t a math major

Yesterday I helped a student pickup one of those electric scooters that looks like a small motorbike. He just texted me that he’s getting honked at. I dunno, I lol’ed

1 Like

Then there are the annoying kernels that don’t pop at all and end up just sitting at the bottom…

Also, if you wait for those last few to maybe pop, you end up burning the rest.

2 Likes

I am ecstatic because another brother (and his family) is moving to the same city as me. Hooray for more local family!!!

I can’t post anything on Facebook yet as he hasn’t given notice at his old job. But he accepted the job here and they’ll be here in January!!!
:party:

6 Likes

Did she say “math” or “mathematics”?

I don’t trust people who say mathematics. (Or “maths” for that matter.)

Happy thought:

Home from vacation!

Can’t trust the British, eh?

1 Like

I took ‘chickens’ out fishing on lake Erie today. He’s a polish student at uwaterloo. Caught his first walleye.

6 Likes

So chickens goes for a leak while im in line to launch the boat. He comes back, and hops in the truck behind me lol. As we are launching, the old guy behind me calls over ’ you sure you got the right boat?’

It was a fun day on the water. These students sure give me a lot of stories. Nick has thrown up in my truck twice now. He had no idea why, maybe his vape was too strong. Uh huh, sure.

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

IFYDataViz

though you do get :+1: :+1: for keeping it on theme.

5 Likes

It’s raining!!! (So lovely when it’s needed.)

3 Likes

It was 95-102F (35-39C, weirdos) here last week, My AC ran over 16 hours on Saturday. Currently 74F (23C) and rainy. I’ll take some rain, thanks.

4 Likes

men? tacos? or just regular rain?

2 Likes

I love trying new food. A student I helped move some stuff from Toronto to Waterloo is taking me and my spouse out tomorrow night for Korean BBQ. Can’t wait! I’m assuming since he’s Asian, it’ll be authentic (though curiously he’s not Korean, so maybe not).

1 Like

Hit a Korean bbq in Koreatown NYC last month with my daughters. You will enjoy it.

2 Likes