Happy Thoughts

Oh, no. I wouldn’t be raving about bread with raisins in it. There’s a time and place for raisins, but not in any sort of bread.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: :white_check_mark:

:scream: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :-1: :poop:

:rofl:

Don’t “lose” weight. You don’t want to find it again.

1 Like

I lost my virginity and haven’t found that again…

3 Likes

I’m organising a back woods camping trip way up north (shining tree area) for UW students. I’ve got 9 people on board already! - that’s enough to have a good time. We’ll be camping on crown land, way back in.
My brother and nephew may be able to come, they’re both certified canoe instructors so the students are really interested in having them come.
I’ve been wanting to have a fall fishing trip up north for years but couldn’t seem to get family/friends organised. By taking students, I get my fishing trip, finally.

2 Likes

It is too fluffin’ hot to cook today, so we’re getting takeout for supper tonight!!! :slight_smile: :yum:

1 Like

I hope you aren’t talking about my interaction :astonished:

I expect only the significantest interactions from you. :popcorn:

1 Like

I worked a double header last night for a group I don’t normally ump for. I had a 15 year old girl as my partner and she did a fantastic job. Always in the right position, actively moving during the play, making calls nice and loud, and paying attention to my signals. That was a very pleasant surprise as I’ve worked with a bunch of teens this year and they are generally not good. 5 of 5, will ump there again (probably, the pay is a little low).

5 Likes

(from a Texas Roadhouse)

4 Likes

what if the restaurant patron is illiterate? Or blind? Or allergic to dry erase markers? Or has an irrational fear of circles?

1 Like

A Texas stand-off?

They’d have a hard time reading the menu of they were illiterate.

I think the bigger challenge is when you have questions.

Sometimes when I have a choice of side dishes I’ll ask the server which one they prefer and order that. Or I’ll ask if you can get a certain dish without mushrooms. Or I might channel my inner Sally and ask for the apple pie to be heated and served a la mode, but only if they have strawberry ice cream. If they don’t have strawberry ice cream then still the pie but just not heated.

(OK, I like to think I’m not quite that bad, actually.)

This is Texas Roadhouse, not The Capital Grille. If you don’t like the way we serve it, perhaps, you & your posse should just saunter right out of here. :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly. “we got both kinds of food here. Beef AND 'taters!”

1 Like

…and two kinds of music - country AND western!

2 Likes

RN

1 Like

4 Likes

I don’t do Twitter, I just saw this on link from Marginal Revolution, which I do:

1 Like