Happy Thoughts

what kinds of games?

Well, dumb ones, it appears. The first one I downloaded (shooting a basketball into a basket) - I couldn’t even pass the tutorial screen.

edit: I tried one more. These would have been really cool back on the Atari 2600.

I used miracle grow on my garden this year. It seems to be producing bumper crops on everything. Everything is growing off the hook.
Got a couple university students coming over on Sunday to do some canning/pickling. We’ll be using dill, beets, beans from my garden (making dill pickles, pickled beets, and dilly beans). Kind of a tom sawyer thing, the students will do a buttload of work helping me can a ton of stuff, in exchange for a few jars of pickles lol. Shoulda thought of that earlier.

3 Likes

you got games on ya fone?

rn?

My son is hanging out as his brother’s mom’s house today. And while she’s not going to be making me a friendship bracelet anytime soon, she’s agreed to take our son in the event Mr. NA and I both die, to keep the kids together. I’m happy for this setup.

7 Likes

This makes me ctm :relieved:

Fakhar, Mukund and the 50 jars of pickles we made today. Almost had to throw down over the proper amount of peppers to put in the dilly beans. We eventually decided to mark some jars and they took home the ones with too much peppers.

In a few weeks I’m having them over to can peaches. I make the syrup with maple syrup from trees I tapped in the spring.

5 Likes

!!!

I went to the barber today and her daughter (8 y/o) was there watching her mom cut hair. I asked the 8 yr old “what is your favorite subject in school”? She said mathematics"!

I taught her the Fibonacci sequence. She was able to get them all the way to the 15th (610)! Atta gurl!

12 Likes

Got some soft rolls and brownies at the English bakery. So gooooood!!! :yum:

2 Likes

Doctor told me to lose five pounds before my next visit with her. I’ve lost ten.

7 Likes

I sense a potential Insignificant Signals moment here… :popcorn:

Ooh, that reminds me. I picked up a loaf of English muffin bread, which somehow is superior to both bread AND English muffins.

1 Like

Does it contain the ingredient that dare not speak its name???

:oyh:

I’m not sure what that is. I don’t think I’ve had too much to drink, but I’m not getting it. :woman_shrugging:

rhymes with Ray sins.

Craisins?

I’m pretty sure something is still :oyh:

But no, it doesn’t have anything weird in it. It’s just plain white bread that tastes like a sourdough English muffin, except somehow better.

1 Like

raisins…just raisins…it hasn’t come up recently, but @Breadmaker has a hate-hate relationship with “rai-SINS” as he calls them.

1 Like