Happy Thoughts

It’s the first day of school! All three kids survived.

8 Likes

Mrs space lobster is very happy today. They’ve been super stressed. They took a job a while ago because they were bored and I didn’t have work for them. Told the guy it was only until my business ramped up.

My biz is ramping up and going to need her. Plus she’s doing the books for my son in laws biz. And we have a grandkid coming and my spouse expects to be there a lot. She was having anxiety over the pressure.

My spouse is confident and doesn’t need my permission to do what they want. But all I had to do was say ‘then tell the guy you’re now busy with me, I’m done in four weeks, earlier if the baby comes sooner’. And poof, all their anxiety gone. I don’t get why they seemed to need my approval for a decision, but I guess whatever. They’re happy, I’m happy.

Also happy thoughts. We went for Greek supper last night and I brought back half my dinner. Which means I’m having lamb and Greek salad for.lunch in about a half hour! Nomnom.

1 Like

Currently texting with an insurance client who’s treating me like this guy at 3:55

Every time we talk he wants to buy more.

1 Like

Is he looking for that term + CI + RoP package??? :wink:

That’s me at 4:21.

BING!

1 Like

I have friends who live and die by the actuarial tables, and I say, “Hey! It’s all one big crap-shoot anyhoo!”

2 Likes

I didn’t remember that joke, I’ve seen the movie numerous times but not since… probably college?

I saw that movie in the theater the night it came out: February 2, of course. I think it must have been 1991.

Well, an hour on the phone explaining. Another 45 minutes or so writing up some lengthy emails. An hour or so on my admin’s part. $5K in the pocket. Not bad while I’m on vacation, I can take an hour or two away from fishing for that.
So yeah, Term +whole life+flex +fire+auto kind of thing.

I don’t mind actuarialdonking, and I like the math and industry, but for the pay and work flexibility, I’ll take what I’m doing.

And, the guy thanked me for being so honest and detailed with my explanations (he got a 500 word essay on how whole life works, alternatives, and uses. Conclusion, he didn’t buy the $500K whole life he asked me for).

1 Like

After presenting yet another excel-based solution to a longstanding problem, boss says, “@1695814, you’re a wizard.”

5 Likes

IMDb tells me it was 1993…

Huh, thought for sure it was earlier. :woman_shrugging:

We had some fish born this spring in our pond, two of them are now large enough to eat the fish food pellets. Last year we didn’t have any newborns survive but these two look pretty healthy.

1 Like

My inlaws have a small fish pond, and their biggest problem with keeping fish is birds. Specifically, kingfishers and herons see backyard ponds as fish in a barrel. If a heron finds an easy target, it can often return until it’s cleaned out.

Plenty of aquatic plants providing hiding places helps a lot. Another thing FIL does: he stopped buying nice fish, and started getting cheap “feeder fish”. Many of the cheapo’s can grow to nice size in a year or 2 if they have plenty of food and enough places to hide.

We have lost some fish, I figure birds or maybe cats. We have water lilies that cover a lot of the surface, plus some kind of plant that is fully submerged and gives them cover. We seem to lose the fish in spring before the plants are going, and I try to cover it with a net but don’t do it 100% of the time.

I think we spent maybe $10 on a fish once, it got eaten almost immediately. Now we just have run of the mill goldfish.

My neighbour brought us a bottle of wine for shuttling him and his cat to the vet over the last couple of weeks!! :smiley_cat: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

I tried a new to me recipe recently. It sounded like something I’d like, but the end result had a number of things I didn’t care for. I made it again tonight making significant changes on the fly, and it was much better than the original. Will make my version again.

2 Likes

There’s a thread for that… GoA Recipe Book

1 Like