Happy Thoughts

UK still uses imperial measurements for some stuff… I think they generally use miles / mph for distance / speed, although IIRC petrol is sold in litres.

I think they still weigh themselves in pounds (or stone). Certainly beer is sold in pints.

and the dog would sue if she could. on the left is a BAD haircut. bottom is us manipulating her to hold a toy on her head. top right is with the ears up during a period when she was only getting canned food so we needed to keep the ears out of the gravy

1 Like

Except they are often imperial pints, which are about 19oz. Add another point for @SpaceLobster on why metric is better.

Perhaps uncertainty is bad, but ordering a pint of beer and getting 19 oz. is a plus, isn’t it?

2 Likes

well, it’s no half-liter, unfortunately.

1 Like

My wife quit her job today. She will do her two weeks and then take a two week break before her next big thing. Got reservations for happy hour / dinner at the fish house tonight. Somehow, they manage to get some pretty damn good oysters there despite being in Kansas.

8 Likes

8 years ago today, my son was born. He never had a real birthday party until this year, because of his age and then covid. He says it was a great birthday.

I’m glad he is becoming a kind and compassionate person. He spent the whole day making sure his friends were having a good time and took votes for what to do and eat, rather than imposing his own (which I told him he could do; it’s his day). I’m really proud of him.

9 Likes

Does he have power of veto?

1 Like

He’s too much like his mom to want that kind of power.

1 Like
5 Likes

2 Likes

All right, my grocer had whole beef tenderloin for $8/lb, sold. Should I just throw this on the grill, or is this my time to finally make Wellington?

1 Like

Relaxing day at the beach with the family.

4 Likes

I keep hoping someone will make me a beef Wellington, so that’s my vote. Too bad you don’t live close by to me.

1 Like

Potacular with scooters and fancy meats!

3 Likes

you had me at “scooters” :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

That’s what you kids are calling it these days?

2 Likes

I know everything will go back to being stressful but it was a nice escape and reminder of it’s all worth it.

4 Likes

IFYP

2 Likes