GOP and the Big Lie

There is more to an investigation than simply knowing the political affiliation of people involved in a crime. :\

4 Likes

What evidence would you need to reach that conclusion?

The ones we know about were all Trump supporters. That much is obvious and not really the point of any investigations. That’s more about finding out how many there are that we don’t know about (who are also probably Trump supporters - but that’s not the point).

2 Likes

Hey, I’m all for prosecuting the violent offenders of that day. Violence like that is never OK.

I’m merely pointing out some prejudicial conclusions and the hypocrisy of such statements.

The republicans in congress seem to agree. In fact, they seem to think there is a distinct (political) need to NOT investigate.

1 Like

True. If Republicans actually did believe that antifa or dems were behind it, they would be clamoring for an investigation.

2 Likes

Question now is, will the Dems run with it? “Your congressman does not want to investigate 1/6. What is he hiding??”
They won’t though, the pussies. Let them (GOP deplorables) try to overthrow the government every time they lose.

No - they won’t. The dems mostly suck at politics.

I think you need to check your math.

Yep. The Democrat leadership is clinging to the old ways refusing to acknowledge that the GOP has declared war against the United States of America and even drawn the first blood.

2 Likes

:rofl:

This can’t serious be the take you guys are presenting now?

I can’t believe that people fall for these lies, and proudly show it like this.

There are usually reporters at least?

1 Like

The general reaction of many* to “go along” with a crowd doing something that looks “fun”.

*I’m not talking “majority” here, or even a large number, just that there are a significant number of people of a wide range of affiliations that see something “going on” and don’t want to be left out. Just because most are affiliated one way doesn’t logically mean that all are.

yeah, well. If you see a bunch of people with swastikas and Confederate flags, if you go.along for the fun, you are one of them

3 Likes

Perhaps if you gave us the last time you committed unlawful entry and assault on a police officer after following a group you just met, then we might better understand your point.

Cuz I confess to having no clue to what you are referencing. I can’t recall personally having that urge since I was 14 years old or so.

1 Like

I was looking for “evidence”. Not a general notion that it’s possible.

1 Like

There were a lot of people there, it seems likely that at least one of them was not a Trump supporter.

However, I don’t see why that matters. The presence of a few extra people in no way makes the rest of them less culpable.

3 Likes
  1. So you acknowledge that such urges do exist, and
  2. I take it that you assume that everyone in the U.S. over the age 18 is mature to the point of not having these urges any more.

Not quite sure what you mean by enclosing this particular word in quotes . . .

But do you assume that all of the rioting that took place last year were BLM supporters? For example, many of those riots started out as a protest by BLM supporters that then devolved to rioting and looting. Some reports I saw including the looting of stores of POC.

ITA.