GOP and the Big Lie

Yes, by that method.

It is possible to be a non-Trump supporter and show up to a Trump rally, FWIW.

there were certainly a lot of “the tooliest of tools” there that day, But judging people based on their looks and clothes seems a rather foolhardy way to make conclusions.

Depends on the context. If some guy is wearing a tie I shouldn’t assume he can do basic math, but if a guy is running around with a massive Trump flag and I conclude he’s a fan of DJT I think the false positive rate is a good bit lower.

1 Like

Now, now, some of them were waving The Flags of the Losing Confederates as well, so…

2 Likes

:laughing:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sure, I could have gone in covered in Trump gear, but that was at the height of the pandemic, so as a non-Trump supporter who listens to the CDC I would have also been wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.

2 Likes

Their words, their clothes, their behavior, their Facebook pages, their voting history.

What would give anyone a reason to not think they were Trump supporters?

3 Likes

The GOP/Fox/OAN/Newsmax/etc. told them they weren’t, that they were Antifa, democrats, etc. And people believe them because that’s what they want the truth to be.

Would have been interesting to hear the both answers. This poll says 40% of Republicans don’t think Trump supporters that actively participated in the assault on the capital should be prosecuted. I’d say the % would be way higher if you removed the “Trump Supporters” qualifier from that question for all the Q continuum folks that believe Antifa and the Democrats were the ones that lead the attacks.

The fact that over half of Republicans think either Antifa or the Democrats are responsible for the attack is pretty mind blowing

Hillary’s estimate is still accurate.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a good way to fool others about which group you are really associated with.

FTR, those going from the Trump Rally to the Capitol, IMO, were all Trump Supporters.

I’m not going to conclude that everybody in the Capitol building performing unscrupulous acts were (necessarily) all Trump supporters.

The FBI and the other law enforcement agencies can determine the motivations for each of the individual criminals in the Capital. The important question needing an answer, was this an inside job?

1. Was security backed off for the day and what was the stated reason at the time?
  2. Were tours given before the 6th to instigators as has been reported and who gave the tours?
  3. Did instigators meet with public officials before the 6th?
  4. On the 6th how was response to the crowd which spawned/was cover for the crimes committed handled? Where chain of commands followed? Was the response delayed purposefully?
1 Like

Yet we sadly live in a country where 35 Senate Republicans can stop us from looking into these questions.

1 Like

I’d like someone to confront Joe Manchin with " are you satisfied that the filibuster makes the republic a better place? The best way forward is the status quo?"

This is just crazy town. I’ve got a legislature uninterested to know why they were besieged.

It doesn’t sound like there’s a need to look into these questions. According to several posters, based on the looks, words, clothes, behavior, Facebook pages and voting history of the violent participants, we already know that everyone involved was a Trump supporter.

I agree.

I wonder how many of them just KNOW that the Ds stole the election, so the Trumpers’ reaction was perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

They already know why…