GOP and the Big Lie

Just randomly listened to Al Gore’s concession speech.

Must have seemed so boring at the time.

To me Tuberville is a Trump clone without the loud mouth. On what issues do they differ? Tuberville is probably even less intelligent and less informed than Trump,

1 Like

So you’re expecting Rs who lost the R primary to get on the general ballot anyway. Or, Rs who simply skip the R primary and go directly to the general ballot.

I don’t see it happening in more than one or two House districts. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong.

The rep that said this owns this gun shop as his day job

Gore was always boring.

2 Likes

Questions for you that I am genuinely curious about (I am trying to not be judgy). Why did you vote for Tuberville and write in for Pres?

Isn’t Tuberville just a lapdog for Trump? I mean the guy didn’t know what the 3 branches of government are.

Would you still vote him if you knew that he was going to vote to overturn AZ and PA electoral results?

Although my state and districts are quite tilted (R federal, R state, D county), for most races I try to give consideration to my choices even though it won’t matter.
Had Trump been re-elected, Tuberville would probably have taken marching orders from him, and I expect he will be in lock-step with R leadership. I agree that he seems dumber and less informed than Trump, but he hasn’t risen to the level of Trump’s toxic narcissism, and he tweets less (or at least when Trump could tweet). As a senator he is in less of a position to screw things up, especially as I expected Biden to win the presidential election (my expectations were for a wider margin for Biden, however). What I don’t know is how calculated his support of Trump is; whether that was a play to the electorate, or a deeply held conviction. Not sure exactly what transpired in his Jan 6 call with Trump, but at least he hasn’t been arrested.
What was clear to me was that Jones has a deeply held personal conviction about abortion, and that he would litmus test judicial nominees in that regard.

1 Like

Although I posted after your question I think some of my answer to Aca might be what you are looking for. As to the last question, if I knew he would vote to overturn the AZ/PA results, assuming I knew the rest of the facts (no evidence of consequential fraud), I would have written in for Senate too.

3 Likes
2 Likes

They found a lot of white folks who did not vote or participate in electoral processes and now they have a new base. The new base is primarily built around white girevance and 1 issue voters whose issue is abortion or gun control. With Democrats in power they will act sufficiently outraged by government expanse that many of the conservatives on economics and the size of government will probably come back and vote for them. I am one of those people generally but I am getting tired of the nonsense and considering voting for Democrats until Trump is gone.

1 Like

U.S. House approves Capitol riot probe 252-175. All the democrats plus 35 republicans voted for the bill.

Did your representative vote against it? 175 representatives voted against investigating an event that already has over 400 people as defendants for various crimes on a day that clearly threatened the lives of many of their fellow representatives and the vice president.

Yes - mine voted against it. Not surprising, since such a commission may well uncover that he was a part of it.

Mine voted against it.

I read parts of the “bipartisan” report for one of the Trump investigations, I think it was the one around Russia and the election. There is a section on the events and facts that both sides agree on, then there are the sections of conclusions present their sides on where they disagree. Pretty pointless. Way may be better off skipping this as it would give Republicans a chance to present their fake side, and just go with whatever the FBI finds which will be one conclusion that represents reality.

This infographic from the Economist is something

Would love to see the overlay of the first chart & the 2nd. How many Republicans say it was Democrats or Antifa, but don’t want them punished

Probably 0 since it fits in the chart.

Question on the left only asks if “Trump Supporters” should be prosecuted while graphic on the right shows that a not insignificant percent of Republicans believe that groups I would classify as “non-Trump Supporters” are responsible for the violence.

Seems like a bad set of questions.

perhaps it should have asked - Do you think it is right for those responsible for the violence to be prosecuted over their participation in the takeover of the Capitol building?

3 Likes

For anyone who watched what happened the obvious answer to this is that it would have been hard to be a non-Trump supporter and be part of the group who attacked the Capitol, thus these Republicans are sadly deluding themselves into believing such a non-Trump supporting group was there.

I mean hell you can be a Trump supporter and not be a complete tool about it. These were the tooliest of tools.

2 Likes

The GOP spokepeople did a hell of a job deceiving their idiots, in real time on that day and up until today. The poll results show that. Sure, no need to prosecute Trump supporters, since it wasn’t Trump supporters. Duh!

1 Like

on what basis are you making this conclusion? by the way people look and/or clothes they wear???