Flex your high school glory

Related to the Gaetz thread…

I definitely had woman between 25 and 35 hitting on me and even hooked up (heavy petting, I was a good boy) with a 29 year old when I was in the 16 to 17 year old range.

I hooked up when I was 15-16 with strangers I met online. If I had to guess their age, the first one was probably 25 and the second one probably 35-40.

almost every gay guy I know hooked up with adults before they were of legal age.

1 Like

My school was horrible at sports and had a great performing arts program, so yeah, I was lucky. (though apparently that’s changed in the decades since I attended, as there’s an NFL QB from my school).

School of 2000 and random people I didn’t know knew of me when I was a sophomore. I was super involved in band (3 bands), choir (4 choirs), theater (every show), math club, chess club, quiz bowl.

Then I left to go to a school where I had a graduating class of 30 and we distinctly had a popular vs. freak split and I was in the freak side, ha.

1 Like

why did you switch schools? was the 2nd one a school for smart kids or something?

High school Flex: I passed 6 AP exams with a 4 or 5 score. I got the senior awards for English and Math in the top high school in the state.

I was part of the “B” crowd, mostly nerds and partiers. During senior year a few friends and I committed an act of vandalism that was sort of a protest. We kept it very quiet and told no one. Senior privileges for the whole school got suspended as a result, so we came forward and confessed. Punishment was basically a slap on the wrist, and then the cool kids decided we were pretty cool too.

2 Likes

Yup. Went to a school similar to campbell’s in my state.

I found out from the dean a week before graduation (an ‘exit interview’) that I was the last student accepted. They were going to have 40 and I was #41 (11 didn’t graduate; they went back to their home schools). I’d had a 2.9 GPA in HS but got a 34 on the ACT and interviewed well.

I ended up with a 3.6 GPA for my AS degree those two years.

Yeah, your school was puny. I would have thought they could have fielded a school as big as North Carolina’s… [and it looks like they didn’t even ask my school for advice – we always had a fairly sizeable percentage who left in the first month, and many people came in to replace the folks who left. Because they could have filled the school twice over, they’ve finally committed to building a second school at the other end of the state.]

(at our school, the popular kids were the ones with money, who bought pizza for the rest of us)

State government killed funding as soon as they could.

Upon reflecting on it, I was not cool, but I was accepted by the popular kids. If I had showed up to a party I don’t think anyone would have thought twice about it.

The most popular guy in the grade ahead of me flirted with me and definitely chased me. I wasn’t interested and didn’t even really know that he was doing those things until later. Glad I didn’t end up with someone like him. Nice guy, but going nowhere.

all you popular kids can party together. i’ll be in my corner over here with audrea and honey.

Nailed a 5 on ap calc in 10th grade without doing any homework or studying. Things went downhill fast from there.

I was deeply unpopular, though I was besties with a very popular kid, which was weird. Almost like an affair.

It helped that our school was officially part of the UNC system.

More HS flexing:

1050 SAT score: 550 Math, 500 Verbal. I was always a math geek.

(and a 40 on the TSWE)

I took it 3 times and this was my highest score.

1 Like

What’s TSWE?

Test of Standard Written English.

The total time of the SAT verbal and math portions is reduced from 3 hours to 2.5 hours in order to accommodate the half-hour Test of Standard Written English (TSWE) that is newly added to the SAT. The TSWE is scored on a separate scale (20-60) and consists of multiple-choice questions designed to evaluate grammar and writing skills. The results of the TSWE are expected to be used by colleges for the appropriate placement of the test taker in freshman English class.

Oh, I might have taken the TSWE when it was still experimental and wasnt used yet by colleges. Dont remember my score on that portion

Nice flex

1 Like

I went to a tiny school so I’d like to think n wasn’t large enough to even have proper losers. I mean for pete’s sake I was on the varsity soccer team! (as with 90% of the people who signed up for soccer)

I was also the pitcher on the baseball team because I was the only one who could consistently throw it over the plate, plus I’m left-handed. Was a great improvement from my depressing outfield performance :laughing:

I need to ask one of my classmates if they can send me an image of our CD yearbook. I was voted ‘Weirdest’ and one of my verbal tics (a guttural ‘mwah’ sound) was an easter egg on my page.

1 Like

Hate to ask, what was a max score? When I took them those would be just average.

I don’t remember the scores ranges changing when my kids took them. Maybe they did and I only asked percentiles.

pretty sure there was some sarcasm in that “flex”, unless it was a flex in mediocrity. those scores are however a little above average.

2 Likes