Favorite YouTube videos

This is a snippet from a YouTube video, so close enough to put it here.

In 1951, Adelbert Ames created the mind-boggling ‘Ames Window’. It’s so effective that even when you know how it works you can’t break the illusion

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1595438120530477056?s=20&t=fvYtuLDPsepMxdImBjpQ_A

1 Like

i LOL’d several times at this one.

1 Like

Oooh, a follow-up!

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

this is cool:

5 Likes
1 Like

me watching this video-- god this kid is taking forever.

1 Like

Call me back when someone does this with one arm and maybe I’d be impressed.

1 Like

this looks awesome!

I really enjoyed the first one. This sequel looks to extend the franchise in a compelling way.

1 Like

I didn’t know Utah had a new flag. It is so much better!

3 Likes

Huh, was not expecting to watch that whole video, but it was pretty entertaining.

Edited because I really screwed up. Lots of people hate the new flag.

Lots of Utahns are real unhappy about the change.

The legislature did a survey prior to the legislative session but they decided not to release the results. There was another probably not scientific survey I heard about that said 83% of those surveyed didn’t want the flag changed.

As part of the change they designated the old flag the “historic state flag” and it can be flown as well.

There is currently a referendum petition going on to put it on the ballot. They need to get 134K signatures by 4/12 (I think). Last I heard they were saying they think they are up to 96K.

@BruteForce

Lol at Montana

Not being able to put your name on the flag seems like an arbitrary choice. But I thought the video was funny AF. I might watch it again later tonight.

And he’s right. New Mexico is the best flag. It’s enchanting.

1 Like

You should check out some of his other stuff. I really like his videos.

2 Likes

the MN state flag is AWFUL

1 Like

Arizona’s should be S tier.

Yeah, I thought his definitions of what a flag should be were a bit arbitrary. Since most of the state flags are quite similar having their name on them is the first thing that can distinguish them. Unless you just require them to all have different colors. I mean just look at the state flags, the oldest ones do seem to follow some rules. The newer ones seem to be the ones following his rules.