Facebook observations

my initial reasons for having facebook alts was one was for checking my privacy settings who has since expanded to posting on public pages. another was named quinn morgendorffer and she was used to friend ao people who i wanted to remain anonymous with. the fb gods locked her out though asking for a phone number. i wasn’t gonna provide a phone number for a fake account, so i let her die.

i had a few others that were deleted by the fb gods and some others that i forgot their login name or passwords.

my original alt somehow survived the alt purging. people accuse her of being fake sometimes and say they reported her, but yet, she still stands. i’ve had her for over 10 years now. oh, i also used her in the days of yore to play farmville with.

i’m not the only one with a fake account on fb. there are tons of them.

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever posted with my Facebook alt. I used it exclusively to see what I could see.

I don’t ever post in public places. I only post on my page, friends’ pages, and groups that you have to join (and can be thrown out of if you are a nuisance.) I don’t use Facebook all that much, as it has this tendency to blow up. But when I do, it’s usually just catching up with friends.

I’ve tried using it to ask for advice, and it completely sucks for that. I get better advice on chat sites (the old ao was good for computer questions, and I’m on other chat sites) or on private chats with friends.

This is the trouble with Facebook, everyone loves this captive audience with their own little soapbox. It’s nice for family pictures but other than that I don’t use it. Too much people just letting off steam. That’s what goactuary is for! :judge:

1 Like

yeah, but facebook doesn’t really moderate like goactuary. i can say the nastiest shit to people on fb and nothing happens. well, there are limits on fb, but it’s much wider than goactuary.

when someone insults my alts looks i can laugh back because that’s not me, but if they insult me i get sad. why would i want to be sad?

Why would you get sad if someone insults you?

because i have feelings?

Do you take into consideration other people’s feeling when you insult them? Do you think it makes them sad? Do you care?

if i insult them they deserve it. usually my insult is of the variety of calling them a moron or a selfish, racist, jackhole for some trumpian view.

The view from the top of your high horse must be marvelous, indeed.

actually, i’d insult them after they probably insulted liberals or something of the kind. it’s not like they were sitting there all innocent.

Nonetheless. Can’t you just leave it be rather than inject more sadness into the conversation?

Do you like making people sad?

or when someone comes in insisting that trump won the election and dumbass libs are brainwashed idiots who believe everything the mainstream media tells them and trump’s totally gonna become president on some magical march date when the real president is sworn in.

nope. when i’m horrified by the views of people i feel a necessity to speak.

like right now, i’m pissed at both sides. cuomo-sexuals are defending andrew cuomo, accusing that chick who said he sexually harassed her of being a gold digging liar, while trumpkins are insulting non-trumpkins with the whole, haha now your guy is being accused of shit. both sides are annoying me. like, how do you even know he’s innocent and that chick is a liar? i even like cuomo and i’m not sure he’s innocent. i don’t know him personally.

Maybe people are “horrified” by your views when they insult you and make you fell sad.

but their views are idiotic, so it doesn’t matter if they are horrified.

people with idiotic views also make me sad for them having those views in the first place. there are so many people like that.

The hubris astounds.