Facebook observations

IFYP

I’ve listed stuff for $5, and it’s sat for weeks with no interest. But if you list something for free, it’s usually off your property in 24 hours. You do get some weirdos that you have to deal with, but you also get rid of your stuff.

Another sponsored ad to consider a career as an actuary.

1 Like

Observed facebook for the first time in a while. Lots of First Day of School pics.

2 Likes

Now I got a DIFFERENT popup ad on a career as an actuary!!! I might not be able to resist their sweet siren song!!! :expressionless:

Let us know how it goes!!!

Yeah, I do kind of laugh when I get ads from my own company… when I’m sitting right there at work. I’ve talked to our marketing people about it, but it’s about how these services work.

When they can’t even stop serving up ads that way, is it any wonder we get ads from the societies we’re already members of?

People who use their page to spam sales to their Facebook friends are annoying enough.

I just got a fb message in a group dm with the elementary school reunion group from this bitch where unfriending happened years ago. The dm itself was dead 7 years ago. She sent a message to everyone to tell them to download some shit song she was part of making. I check her page and it is a slew of spammy shit about this song. I told her off in the group dm. Bitch.

Also didnt download the song as she was asking but i did get curious and gave her a view on youtube. The song is shit

I just realized part of my totally owning her message doesn’t make sense. there should be a way to edit messages in instant messenger :frowning:

our friendship ended in a fb brawl a bunch of years ago between me and her and a bunch of her fb friends, so i’ve wanted to take jabs at her ever since. with this message among just the elementary school group (most of whom i also unfriended for being idiots), she doesn’t have her entire fb army to back her.

one dude in the message just exited the group immediately after she sent that spam rather than respond. i am however less mature.

Think it would turn out any different the second time?

Once in a lifetime is quite enough, thank you very much. :grimacing:

Now up to 3 people exited the group rather than say anything. Way more mature response than mine, but hopefully she got the hint

How do you know that’s why they left the group? My guess is they haven’t participated int he group in quite some time and the message popped up and they were like: Yeah, forgot about this group. No need to be here.

So, I just checked FB for the first time in 3 weeks. only thing I really “missed” was a bunch of people wishing me a happy birthday. And only b/c my wife posted a Happy Birthday, BG message, not because they ever remembered.

Nobody participated in this group pm in a long time. It was dead for 7 years. If they left upon it popping up with her click bait, do you disagree that they have zero interest in clicking on her video?

2 Likes

there is this dude who uses his facebook page almost exclusively to promote his real estate business. he used to be a normal person prior to becoming a broker.

i wished him a happy birthday on his wall. NOT EVEN A LIKE in response. i should unfriend that ungrateful person for not acknowledging the at least 5 minutes i took out of my life to find the perfect meme for it.

1 Like

That’s bad business. You certainly aren’t using his real estate services now. If you’re on Facebook you should at least “like” birthday wishes IMO.

2 Likes

I think that her post reminded them of the existence of the group and it’s limited usefulness to them.

I doubt that they were so offended by her post they quit the group because of that.

In other words, I think the post was an INdirect reason for them to leave the group, not a direct link. If someone else has posted something like “Hi everyone! It’s been a long time since anyone posted here” I’m sure they would have left, too.

Most of the people I know who use FB for their business, too, have two pages. A personal one and a business-y one.

I don’t mind when people use their account to schlep their MLM crap; I just scroll right past it.

no, you’re not “sure” of anything. If someone made a friendly post that was at all relevant to elementary school memories, I really doubt anyone would just up and quit. The guy who ran the reunion was one of the people who quit. If they said something at all relevant, I doubt he would have quit. That would have been pretty rude.

you’re talking out of your ass just to attempt to disagree with me.