Facebook observations

I’d give an exception for milestone anniversaries. But for the most part, yeah.

I think most of my cringe reactions to social media are more of a me problem than anything else.

no, some things are just cringe.

2 Likes

Wtf is ask men and why am i a top fan?

Advertisement for their site, perhaps???

well, as a man, let me explain that to you since I know you will appreciate it as a “top fan”!

(I can’t keep this up. assume I mansplained the heck out of it.)

So just now I got a message from FB saying my comment goes against community standards. It was a comment on the College Football Playoffs from last year. Here is the comment:

Wish the committee had done the rankings 1. UM, 2. AL, 3.GA, 4. Cin. if I’m being honest. Alabama should not have jumped UM based on UM’s dismantling of Iowa. I thought that was at least as good a win as AL over GA.

I’m dying laughing at that.

1 Like

What the???

I had a post deleted on AO one time and none of the mods could tell me why.

My avatar was the Seattle Mariners logo, and I very sarcastically claimed to be Ichiro Suzuki in a particular post. I thought it was incredibly obvious that I was not serious as I had made claims to being an unathletic nerdy white girl on numerous occasions in the past, plus I was responding to someone who was essentially saying that we should make a crap ton of assumptions about people based on their avatars.

That post was deleted but no one knew why. It was never restored and I never got an explanation. After I became a mod myself I tried to find it in the deleted posts area but it was nearly impossible to search that thing so I never did find it.

HFBB

3 Likes

i think the moderating on fb is done by a machine and not actual humans much of the time. their algorithm is stupid.

1 Like

Sounds like you are willing to spend $60 on a broken edger.

But it’s a good sign the guy wants cash. Many scams require you to use Zelle.

FB has suggested Alicia Silverstone’s feed of her trip to Greece. I don’t give a flying fluff about her.

It’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve observed facebook. Don’t miss it much.

1 Like

We’re getting a new sectional today and need to make room for it by disposing of our old one.

I listed it on Facebook Marketplace.

The headline was “FREE Sectional!!!”
And the price was listed as $0.

Naturally the very first inquiry I got was:

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Offer rando a discount. :roll_eyes:

Just for YOU: 80% off!!!

4 Likes

Lynchburg Bad Drivers (Yeild)
Mostly posts about bad parking, but man, people are just evil

Say $100 or best offer. maybe you can make a few shekels.

I’ve learned never to offer stuff for free. The crazy people scan for the word free in online listings. Tack a small cost in, like $20 and you’ll be more likely to get someone appreciative.