Facebook observations

HFBB

3 Likes

i think the moderating on fb is done by a machine and not actual humans much of the time. their algorithm is stupid.

1 Like

Sounds like you are willing to spend $60 on a broken edger.

But it’s a good sign the guy wants cash. Many scams require you to use Zelle.

FB has suggested Alicia Silverstone’s feed of her trip to Greece. I don’t give a flying fluff about her.

It’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve observed facebook. Don’t miss it much.

1 Like

We’re getting a new sectional today and need to make room for it by disposing of our old one.

I listed it on Facebook Marketplace.

The headline was “FREE Sectional!!!”
And the price was listed as $0.

Naturally the very first inquiry I got was:

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Offer rando a discount. :roll_eyes:

Just for YOU: 80% off!!!

4 Likes

Lynchburg Bad Drivers (Yeild)
Mostly posts about bad parking, but man, people are just evil

Say $100 or best offer. maybe you can make a few shekels.

I’ve learned never to offer stuff for free. The crazy people scan for the word free in online listings. Tack a small cost in, like $20 and you’ll be more likely to get someone appreciative.

IFYP

I’ve listed stuff for $5, and it’s sat for weeks with no interest. But if you list something for free, it’s usually off your property in 24 hours. You do get some weirdos that you have to deal with, but you also get rid of your stuff.

Another sponsored ad to consider a career as an actuary.

1 Like

Observed facebook for the first time in a while. Lots of First Day of School pics.

2 Likes

Now I got a DIFFERENT popup ad on a career as an actuary!!! I might not be able to resist their sweet siren song!!! :expressionless:

Let us know how it goes!!!

Yeah, I do kind of laugh when I get ads from my own company… when I’m sitting right there at work. I’ve talked to our marketing people about it, but it’s about how these services work.

When they can’t even stop serving up ads that way, is it any wonder we get ads from the societies we’re already members of?

People who use their page to spam sales to their Facebook friends are annoying enough.

I just got a fb message in a group dm with the elementary school reunion group from this bitch where unfriending happened years ago. The dm itself was dead 7 years ago. She sent a message to everyone to tell them to download some shit song she was part of making. I check her page and it is a slew of spammy shit about this song. I told her off in the group dm. Bitch.

Also didnt download the song as she was asking but i did get curious and gave her a view on youtube. The song is shit

I just realized part of my totally owning her message doesn’t make sense. there should be a way to edit messages in instant messenger :frowning:

our friendship ended in a fb brawl a bunch of years ago between me and her and a bunch of her fb friends, so i’ve wanted to take jabs at her ever since. with this message among just the elementary school group (most of whom i also unfriended for being idiots), she doesn’t have her entire fb army to back her.

one dude in the message just exited the group immediately after she sent that spam rather than respond. i am however less mature.

Think it would turn out any different the second time?