Eating outside...why?

I hope it’s at least a dry heat!

1 Like

Technically Los Angeles county…literally on the boarder of San Bernardino county.

Lol

And i was just having fun with smog stories…

98F with humidity tomorrow.

Going to be pleasant

1 Like

The heat is incredibly oppressive across a huge chunk of the country right now. The “feels like” temps are even worse than the actual
Day 1 US High Temperature Forecast

1 Like

Looks like western Washington may break into the 70s.

2 Likes

Today on my kids playground, a 7 year old was shouting about his friend.

He said:
-The other kid ‘enjoyed the heat.’
-That kid must be insane.
-Nobody enjoys the heat.
-Heat is disgusting.
-That kid is not actually his friend.

Made me think of you guys.

2 Likes

Go, Idaho!

That’s it, I’m moving to Taos.

Yeah, I’ll sty indoors on either of those days, thanks.

I was in northern NE over the weekend, and it was very pleasant outdoors. And it is for a lot of the year in most of the US, just different parts of the year in different places.

i grilled today. could have eaten outside

This phrasing always makes me chuckle. It’s definitely what Seattle/Tacoma-ites say. But like… does Mt. Rainer go inside to cool off some days?

It’s struck me as funny from the first time I heard it some 25-plus years ago. (Of course I’ve caught myself saying it too… my office had a fantastic view of Mt Rainier so it was always a topic of conversation especially when folks from other offices were visiting.)

Hey, keep your F south of the 49th!

Looks like Toronto isn’t too bad at 75, but whew, a hot day in Sudbury at 81 degrees. But even Sudbury can be happy they’re not Tadoule Lake which has the high temperature for the whole of Canada at a blistering 28 degrees! :hot_face:

1 Like

This confuses me. 28C is quite comfortable for outdoor dining, and 28F is a bit chilly for outdoor dining, although i suppose with the right clothes on a sunny day it would be okay. I wouldn’t describe it as blistering, though.

28°C is only comfortable with low humidity, IMO.

3 Likes

28°C is uncomfortable. Use 82°C instead.

:yikes:

Well, you certainly wouldn’t need to water your drink down with ice cubes.

The only way I’m going to dine outside in 28°F is if it’s at a football game.

2 Likes

it’s chilly af in the PNW. Where is the HEAT

I was following SpaceLobster’s exhortation to only use Fahrenheit below the 49th parallel. It was a joke. (Because Toronto and Sudbury are below the 49th parallel and Tadoule Lake is not.)

But I think by Tadoule Lake standards 28C / 82F is pretty blistering. Tadoule Lake is in northern Manitoba, approximately where the northernmost “82” is on the map. I doubt it’s normally the hottest part of Canada, although I admittedly don’t follow Canadian weather patterns too closely and I admit to being surprised at how hot Fairbanks, AK can get (hotter than Anchorage).

1 Like

I also just thought it was funny to feel justified in saying that 28 degrees was hotter than 81 degrees, which it is.