Eating outside...why?

Ocean is always there, but sometimes it rains (or, as the song, says it pours). Sometimes it’s below 60 degrees, so you eat inside.

1 Like

Or sometimes the marine layer rolls in and you just see clouds or fog instead of the ocean.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I moved to NY.

The south sucks.

I just returned from a weekend where i are all my meals outside. With lots of other people i haven’t seen in ages. Less covidy, and the air smelled nice.

2 Likes

I have a good friend named Al. Al Fresco. He really likes picnics!

In addition to there being no sinks nearby you’d either need a shower or an extra change of clothes cause you go back to work with a gigantic sweat puddle covering the back of your shirt.

Can’t you feed your dog at home?

Where do you live that it’s so miserable outdoors at this time of year? I washed my hands, picked up my food, took it outdoors, and enjoyed the weather and the company as I ate.

Once again - I need to avoid wherever it is that you live.

And you should probably move. It sounds terrible.

1 Like

And/or see a doctor. A sweat puddle should be avoidable in most climates.

3 Likes

We often eat on our deck when it’s nice out. Meaning over 60 and under 85. We are usually eating around 5:30, so before the skeeters get active.

Have to deal with a few flies or bees from time to time, but otherwise manageable.

Also, I’ve found most restaurants with outside seating don’t have mosquito problems.

I live in Phoenix, and while eating outside doesn’t appeal to me at the moment,(or for the next several months, but after that it will be great for a while), it’s apparently not as bad as wherever CS lives.

1 Like

It’s 88° in NE Kansas, headed to 99° today (37° C for you weirdos). Thankfully, the dew point has dropped to 70° (55% humidity), still not great but better than yesterday. Is it just me, 88° with 55% humidity is not enjoyable, even in the shade?

No, it’s not. I think I’d take 110 dry heat in Phoenix over that.

1 Like

Smog and marine layer.

Similar to how in Seattle, the mountain isn’t always out on sunny days.

When i went to college in Claremont, CA, we were two weeks into football practice before we saw Mount Baldy forbthe first time.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s not as fun for either of us.

I had my dog with me at lunch yesterday. They even brought her a complimentary puppacino for being a good girl.

Quick note to the outsiders: Claremont, CA is nowhere near the ocean. Pretty much The Po’.

1 Like

It was 101 here yesterday. Usually we have a few more weeks of 90’s. It was already hot this morning at 7 am walking outside to my car.

I have taken up indoor water aerobics. (That is, as soon as I get off work I am taking it up.)

That said, it’s possible we will have outside eating in the fall. If the wind slows down at all, that is.