Eating outside...why?

humidity matters.

steam burns your hand at 212F, and you can put your hand in a 400F oven just fine.

2 Likes

Yes, and your level of activity matters, too. I would not be comfortable doing yard work at 28C, even if it wasn’t too humid. But I’d be okay relaxing at a meal unless if was extremely muggy.

Idaho is gonna be the next boom state imo

1 Like

Well, the police arrested them before they could act.

It’s already booming, prices in Boise have doubled or so in the past few years. Still cheaper than SoCal or New England but not nearly as cheap as it used to be.

1 Like

I just had lunch on the deck. Delightful!!! :sunglasses: :yum:

ETA: We just had a light dinner on the deck. We bought a Thermacell at Canadian Tire to keep the skeeters away!!!

1 Like

I usually eat them with ketchup and a side of flies

1 Like

There are no bugs in the PNW

Eh, there’s tons of bugs in the PNW, but west of the Cascade mountains there are virtually no mosquitoes. East of the Cascades they have ‘em, and west of the Cascades still has ants and flies and wasps and termites and spiders and more.

don’t try to get cute. you know what I mean.

PNW is known for having no bugs.
tons of spiders for sure.

Bitcoin is investing, but spiders aren’t bugs?

bug = insect. a spider it is not

1 Like

Heresy!

Well ants are certainly bugs and the worst ever ant infestation I’ve dealt with was in suburban Seattle. Only termite infestation I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with was also in the PNW. :woman_shrugging:

What about a fish? Oh wait that’s in California

1 Like

if there are no insects, what do spiders eat?

Obviously humans, given how terrified humans all seem of their existence.

3 Likes

There are a lot of factors to outdoor dining. Temp, humidity, shade, air movement. For instance 90* in the shade with low humidity and a 10 mph breeze could be great. 90* in high humidity, no shade, no breeze would be intolerable. (All temps F)

1 Like

there’s enough of them to just eat each other

Look it up on the web

1 Like