Dreams You Remember

Probably.

I had a dream last night that Bro was staying at my house for a vacation. I stopped at a brewery to see if it’d be a good place to bring him (he was at my house sleeping off jet lag) and my car got stolen when I was inside. The brewery was near my dentist’s office where another car had recently been stolen. I kept checking the parking lot in case I’d just forgotten where I parked but finally reported it to the police. Someone at the brewery said that I’d have to buy a new car and I was annoyed in the meantime that I was going to have to drive Bro around in a minivan.

Brains are weird.

3 Likes

It happened again last night. The place was a distorted version of a spot I worked at in the mid 1990’s. Weird that my brain decided to play with something from that time frame last night.

2 Likes

I wonder what I look like in other people’s dreams…

Also, I own a minivan (actually this one is my third), so no need to feel annoyed driving me around in one.

1 Like

You were still sleeping when I checked in when I got back so :person_shrugging:

Dreamt about sexy times with an ex.

I mentioned in another thread that I’ve been having jaw pain in the morning.

I had a dream where my mouth was hurting badly, then I felt something loose in my mouth. I pulled out a big hard thing with some teeth on it and was horrified.

I woke up then and my mouth was hurting. Took about an hour for the pain to go away.

3 Likes

Did you get the cause diagnosed?

Diagnosis is bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching while I sleep. Not certain I don’t have something else going on, but I ordered a custom mouth guard to try it out. Don’t have it yet.

Seems weird to start having a problem like this at my age.

A couple of odd ones, or maybe they blended together. I was in college and brought a date to meet my mom, who avoided my date and clearly did not approve. Second dream was in a dystopian world where I and a few others were on the run across the country.

Weird one involving my old high school and characters from Ted Lasso.
Looking for a bathroom, and it’s part of the cafeteria cutting up beef and stuff.

What does it mean, Freud?

I was in France in a shop waiting in line to buy two things. One of them was postcards, I don’t know what the second thing was. I thought another guy was going to cut in line and I was wary I was going to have to defend my spot, but he went away. I did have other things in my hands that I owned and I had set them down and I heard someone murmur to another something to the effect of “he needs a bag to carry all of his stuff” although I didnt hear it in actual words.

When it’s finally my turn to pay, what I want to buy has been swapped out with a different package. Strangely enough, it is valve oil you would apply to trumpets! I start to get enraged and tell them (in English in a raised voice) this is not what I want to buy, who took the stuff I was going to buy? I see stuff for sale by feet under the counter and I notice a cool Pentel mechanical pencil (I like them) with a plastic black lattice tip for about $4.29 and I consider buying it but don’t.

Then I continued my rant JE SUIS UN STUPIDE TOURIST AMERICAIN ET JE VEUX DES CARTES POSTALES.

Then I woke up.

Maudits touristes… :wink:

Don’t forget the postage

I was at a small location playing bridge. There was a bridge columnist named Frank Stewart there with a twang in his voice. He was going to give a short talk and seemed pleasant enough but weirdly let me know beforehand that he doesn’t like to interrupted. A couple people were laid out on the floor sleeping which was strange.
During the talk I discreetly said something to a friend and he took notice. Later he took me aside and said, “I told you I did not like to be interrupted and so I’m going to …”
“You’re going to WHAT?” I raised my voice in opposition.
Next thing I know I woke up in the passenger seat of a car with my pants and underwear off. Someone in the car next to me immediately drove off. I put my clothes on and there was a girl with no shirt on who laughed and me and chortled “You don’t know what you just did, do you?” I felt like I had been date raped or something. Then I woke up.

I was at church with my younger daughter. She was in grade school and wanted to go hang out with her friends in the kids program. My older daughter had already given up on church and wasn’t with us. My husband was also not with us. I was trying to find out about the kids programming and the person I was asking was my old doctor (who did attend that church IRL). She was telling me that the children’s program was only for those whose dad’s were in the men’s Bible study or whose moms were helping. There was no women’s programming. I offered to help but she said they had plenty of help. It turned out I could also pay for my daughter to stay so I did.

Meanwhile the pastor and an intern were working on a sermon illustration where one of them would eat a beetle or some other bug.

I took a walk while my daughter was in her class. On the way back I had to walk under a tree and there were snakes in the tree. I said, “Oh no, a snake!”

My hubby woke up and told me it wasn’t real—just a dream. I responded that it was real and there were 5 of them. Then I woke up.

The church most definitely represented the church I attended for about 15 years. Over time we lost faith in the leadership of that church and we left. My doctor did attend that church and I lost faith in her as well, as my doctor, but for reasons unrelated to the church.

I don’t know what the snakes were about, maybe danger or maybe just the same general feeling of mistrust.

I do remember in the dream thinking that it was time to find another church, and that maybe my daughter could ask her school friends where they went to church.

1 Like

Somehow a friend and I had found out that Emily Blunt lived nearby so we stopped by her house late at night. The backyard had a long hill which we managed to sled down even though it was grass. We weren’t there to cause trouble and on our way to leave when we think we hear her in the distance.

Then a friendly dog comes by and we toss a stick and it enjoys a game of fetch on our walk home when we hear Emily calling after us and realize it’s her dog. Eventually she catches up with us and demands an explanation, but we don’t give any information about ourselves.

1 Like

Only celebrity dream I ever had was George Clooney asking me to marry him. I turned him down bc I was already married.

whoa, total dream fail, even I would have married George Clooney!

2 Likes

You don’t know Mr aj! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes