Dreams You Remember

I still think your kid should post here.

I had a dream that i picked up Breadmaker and his gf at some kind of exam, not an actuarial exam but not a trivia contest, not really sure what it was, but they were discussing it quite a bit. They both had straight light blue hair like some anime or punk hair style. Breadie was much larger than i expected. I didn’t give him any guff about starbucks. We then had to go pick up NA at the airport. On the way a large apartment building was on fire with a tremendous amount of black smoke. I said i wanted to get closer to see what was going on, but that would probably mess up the emergency response, so we drove on to airport. Once we got there, NA didn’t need to be picked up, she needed help getting to her connecting flight. I figured we wouldn’t be let in the terminal, but no one thought it was strange, and we did.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has GoA/AO dreams.

2 Likes

I am just happy to make anyone’s subconscious!

1 Like

Well, I had shared a double pepperoni pizza with a friend that evening, and pepperoni tend to make my dreams very strange.

A couple of nights before I had a dream that centered around playing a bar trivia match. The dream was short, but felt connected in ways to other past dreams, regarding places and times and events. I told Mrs G it felt like there is a dream world that separate dreams access.

I don’t remember exactly what I was dreaming but some random dude was being a jerk and I called him out on it. I yelled, “Jerk Jerk Jerk!” And then Mr aj woke me up and I immediately forgot the rest of my dream except what I wrote here. (To be fair, I woke him up first.)

1 Like

My dad and mom were driving one vehicle and we were following them on a vacation when we stopped for gas in southwestern New York. I was pretty happy it was a good price, just under $2/gallon. I wasn’t entirely sure dad knew the route from here so I looked it up on my phone and showed him. A bit farther west in NY, then straight south into Ohio, about one more hour. He planned to ditch one of the cars eventually to save gas, and put everything we need in one car (not sure why we were driving two then).

Next thing I know, we’re in the downtown of this city and I’m talking to dad while he drives slowly and I’m hanging on the car. We see a cop and I realize I’m going to get busted so I zip into this shop a block away to avoid detection. I walk around for a couple minutes and then I see the cop in the shop - a female - and decide well I’ll just walk by and she can arrest me, but she totally ignores me. So I’m going to leave the shop. I’m on the second floor, but I can float down to the first floor, making sure to briefly grab things along the way to slow my descent.

I have a slight problem, I left my cell phone in the car so I’m separated from everyone else. I walk along the downtown but no sign of them. Then I start walking up this tall sloped gravel-covered path, sort of like a subway elevator exit without the elevator. When I arrive at the top I realize this is a giant slide, a famous attraction of the city. I have to go around a mom and her child at the top, and climb down the steps. I think it’s pretty tall and dangerous so I hold on tightly and don’t look down and in about a minute I have gone down the steps. When I get off, my daughter Sara is there and I didn’t know why but she didn’t know where anyone else was either so I said she’d better stick with me, and off we went.

“Shake it off” was stuck in my head and I kept encountering weird covers of it.

other than the ryan adams version? not familiar with others

Dream versions, although probably all inspired by that sad bastard

I was in some room with a bunch of college students and I needed to go somewhere. Our room was a bit of a mess and it was as if we were living out of suitcases. Everytime I found a pair of socks they had a ton of holes in them from my sharp toenails. So eventually I put gloves on my feet, that was the only thing I had that would cover them.

Next thing I know, I have a car and I’m on a trip with one other person and we’re trying to get gas. But I’m having difficulty figuring how to get close to the pump until I realize the entire place is surrounded with barbed wire and I have to drive through a narrow entrance in order to get to the pump. I was going to turn around and maneuver my car through the entrance but then I woke up.

ever since I started having memorable dreams, I’ve been forcing myself to remember the ones that impacted me the most.

to this day, I still remember a few of the most memorable dreams from my childhood, and I routinely review them so I can keep remembering them.

Dreaming is one of my favorite activities, which makes sleeping a great activity too.

There are certain drugs that can help produce memorable dreams for me. MJ, melatonin, etc.

I’m also in the camp that dreams are alternate dimensions, and you’re just experiencing the version of you in those dimensions. And if you die, you wake up, or switch dreams, because you can no longer access that dimension.

For me dreams I remember are often a way for me to figure out what I’m feeling or dealing with in my waking life.

I used to dream a lot that I was being threatened with physical harm by some ne’erdowell, and I could never scream or make a noise. I think this was about me not being able to speak up for myself. One night I was able to scream in my dream and it was like a breakthrough, but not always. Unfortunately I had that breakthrough dream when I was on a college trip staying in the home of a sponsor and I was sharing a bed with another member of my group. Scared her to death. Now I only scare Mr aj and he’s used to me.

I was around some other actuaries and we had our exam results mailed to our workplace and strangely we were going to open them all at the same time. I was delighted to see that I had passed, and inside the envelope there was not only my results but also a bonus check - it looked just like a government stimulus check. Strange to find out that the CAS works alongside companies to make their exam passing moment as memorable as possible by putting a check in the mail.

Kid dreamed that her stuffies became zombies, and were coming to get her.

When she woke up she crawled in bed with us, but actually she was still in the nightmare, and the zombies came again, and we didn’t help. :confused:

1 Like

lol. When I was a kid I dreamed that I had super powers. And then I woke up next to my mom at my grandparents place, and I felt the urge to try my super powers.

To my surprise, it worked! I really did have super powers.

Then I woke up next to my mom at my grandparents place again…and then this time I woke up for real :frowning:

I had that dream in college a bunch. Sometimes I think there was a message. But mostly, I think it’s a flaw in the way dreams work. You’re not supposed to be able to scream in a dream. You’re supposed to only scream in reality. Which is why you tend to wake up making an actual noise.

I think when you try to scream in a dream, you’re basically trying to scream in reality, but you can’t, because your body is somewhat paralyzed. Once you have that dream once, I think you have it again, because it’s interesting/concerning. Eventually you do learn how to simulate screaming? I guess, and it becomes less interesting.

Sort of like driving. People have nightmares about driving. Some people say that’s some lesson about “control”, but I think the brain just doesn’t know how to simulate driving a car since it’s so weird.

I dream a lot but I don’t recall not being to scream being a memorable attribute.
The part that inception got right is when you die in a dream you do wake up and/or switch dreams. I think those are usually accompanied by screaming, but I think it’s the death that causes you to wake up.

For me, it wasn’t a thing until there was a very specific scenario where it made a lot of sense to scream, like really needing someone’s attention.

Generally, I think the brain does its best to ignore/excuse/hide the things it can’t do. I think dreams are a really crappy simulation of reality, actually, but your brain does a good job of making you not think much about it.

I don’t think that’s usually a problem for the brain though. Dreams have their own logic.
For example, you never question how you got from sleeping in your bed to wherever you are in the dream. You just take that in without objection. There’s no “past”. Things that are completely illogical in real life also become completely logical. You can think something is completely batshit funny in a dream, but when you wake up and repeat the scenario it’s just jibberish.