Dreams You Remember

…and not totally unrelated, can she introduce you to Britney at a meetup

2 Likes

“It’s Britney, bitch!”

1 Like

I laughed at the “britney spears also has it” part.

1 Like

Regardless that it was only a dream, Bon rétablissement.

#prayforbritney

Details of my story might be a little sketchy…Wife and I recently went to the island of Hawaii. While there we went to the national (?) park where you can walk down into a dormant volcano (?). A fun time was had by all.

Last night wife read story/watched tv/Netflix show stating that park is closed, moose out front should’ve told ya’ …because the volcano is acting up again.

Wife has dream:
Volcano is actively erupting. Our house is directly above volcano. She is frantically trying to get the furniture out of the house while I am nonchalantly grabbing just a few things in boxes.

Rhetorical question: AITA?

1 Like

I was trying to vent about a GoA poster over text, and accidentally sent my childish diatribe as a group message to all of my contacts, including most of GoA as well as all my coworkers. I woke up so embarrassed. Pretty sure alternate universe dream world me is getting fired Monday.

3 Likes

Was it me?

Nope!

Neither of you was worried about the kids. So probably both.

Empty nesters ftw!

1 Like

i had yet another dream last night that the old actuarialoutpost was back.

4 Likes

A couple nights ago I dreamed that I went back to Florida just after coming home. My aunt and uncle had bought a property to use as an air bnb. My sis and bil were going to stay there for an upcoming family reunion. It was pretty big and they said we could stay too. But all the beds were in one room and they were all twin sized and it felt weird.

I had this unusual form of cancer that was slowly reducing my heartbeat permanently. I knew in a couple of days I would be dead, so some friends got together and built a bonfire and hung out with me to keep me company. I was wondering if at some point there would be any kind of struggle or should I take some sleeping pills when the time gets close.

for future reference, the correct answer is pills and a lot of them. it is disconcerting for all involved to not be able to breathe enough (subject and witnesses)

One day after that dream, my dad reduced his heartbeat permanently. :cry:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I’d met you both before and know you were close. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

My condolences

Thanks, no more condolences posts please. Not that I don’t appreciate it, I don’t want to clutter this thread.
I know it was awkward posting that but for the sake of the dream thread I thought I would.

I’m not convinced that the dream necessarily means anything, because it was me with the reducing heartbeat in the dream which was a distinctly different cause than my dad’s demise.

2 Likes

I had covid and went to a big dinner out with a lot of people were i announced lol i have covid haha. Some people gave me an angry look and the dinner abruptly ended with people walking out and me thinking that sometimes i really need to keep my big mouth in check

(IRL i probably have covid but i haven’t checked yet. I wont go to any big dinners but sad that new years eve is most definitely cancelled)

Kid came over because she had a “nightmare”.

In it I had legally changed my name to “Papa”.

This meant she couldn’t call me by my (current) first anymore, which apparently was heartbreaking.