Do you (still) dress up for Halloween?

Well, we tied for first for most original costume. We were going up against a dad and an oh-so-adorable 2 year old in blow-up unicorn costumes.

patrons voted by applause. They really won the applause vote (how could you not cheer loudly for a cute little girl), but I think the owner knew we really had the best costume and declared a tie. We both won a $25 gift card for the brewery.

The costume came out much better than I thought it would. What made it pretty original was that we brought an empty picture frame.

My wife is already planning next year…great :eyeroll:

One year, we went to a costume party hosted by our church. There was a judging contest for the adult costumes and the kids were the judges.

Many of the adults are very creative and are active in theater . . . going all out with makeup and homemade costumes and really should’ve won the contest. Buy my wife found a cheap foam set up of a box of McDonald’s french fries ($0.50 at a local thrift store) and won by a landslide.

1 Like

Didn’t go to the party I was supposed to go. Figured downing pills dancing shirtless around hundreds of gays isn’t the way to a full covid recovery.

One of these years it would be excellent to dress up as Michael Myers

2 Likes

Some of the best I saw on Twitter this weekend:

4 Likes

that dog costume is amazing! as is the royal family of zamunda and the rockford peaches.

Seeing that dog photo reminds me of this

4 Likes

Love the Rockford Peaches! The Royal family is pretty good too.

@Echo: Look, I’m you!!! Woof woof!!! :Where chikkinz??? Me dig holz to scayr skwerlz!!! Woof woof!! :dog2:

Echo is the one who’ll need a disguise when mommy sees the hole in her garden bed.

@Echo: tell Mommy that Daddy was the one who dug hole!!! :lying_face:

1 Like

Ghostbusters playing out front, got the chocolate liquor plus shot glasses ready for the parents. Let’s kick it!

1 Like

Judge and Altuve 🤣 (via RhubarbBrown / Twitter)

6 Likes

My costume for this year. My wife painted it on.

2 Likes

Nice bump.
We have a college friend who has a party in his restored 1930s home every year. I loathe dressing up. This year’s theme is “dress up like a bar” or a patron of one. Cowboy bar, gay bar disco bar, etc.
If someone can think of something smart, maybe I’ll dress up.
Or maybe i just won’t go.

https://a.co/d/hORMqAv

ETA: since no preview seems to be coming through, it is a bar of soap and loofah costume set for a couple. <$20 for the set.

Cute idea…but note the 1-star reviews.

True, although for $18.99 for two costumes I would have low expectations. If you search on “soap costume adult” you’ll get better reviewed / more expensive hits that are basically the same thing.

You might even be able to find a “sexy” version - but I’m not going to look that up…