DGAF Friday

I would not go to any event with that many people - shame shame shame! :meep:

lol, theres the shame.

Ill stop my confessions now. that wasnt even the worst of it.

:popcorn:

pro tip: while sports may not allow fans in your state, neighboring states may still be selling tickets.

Seems fair to me, stadiums are huge and outside, I’d think we could at least do like 25% occupancy.

it was pretty comfortable there since all the seats around us were empty. (12k in attendance on a 60k capacity)

the mask police there were annoying as hell though.

Please do. I don’t think you’ll find many people here who think that kind of behavior is defensible.

But did you fly to Mexico after and tell everyone how important it is to stay home?

My daughter eloped in Febuary before this mess started, with the intention of a 200+ ppl party in June. where we are, since march, gatherings over 50 indoors have been illegal the whole time, and a lot of the time it’s limited to 10 or less (as it is right now). So they can’t have a wedding party, not that anybody’d come anyway.

Hoping for late June 2021. If that doesn’t work, I think they’re moving on, no party.

My cousin got married a week and a half ago, I had a hard time enjoying the photos because of so few masks. I’m happy for them and their wife, but yeah, lack of masks on anyone is scary. I didn’t ask if they asked everyone to quarantine before/after, hoping no one gets sick. My aunt was there, hoping she doesn’t go near my grandma when she gets back home.

I suspect they’re not limiting business in the us as much as they are in Canada. They keep shutting down entire swaths of public and retail businesses. And they severely restrict capacity of those that are open. Restaurants are take out only for example. gatherings are limited to 10 people. There’s no way you could Rent a hall for a wedding, they’re all closed. Never mind catering, you’d never get an alcohol license,and so on.

Ontario just went into a 30 day hard lockdown again. All of,the above, plus essential business are restricted. So things like grocery stores will have extremely limited capacity that gets monitored. They sanitize a certain number of carts and everyone has to take a cart and follow lines on the floor. Once the designated number of carts is used, you line up outside until a cart frees up. Lineups at Costco are insane.

There goes Christmas and New Years. Christmas will be us and the kids instead of our normal 25-30 peeps. New Years will be my so and I and we will probably be in bed by 11. Sucks, I had planned on going
Home for Christmas and getting all seafooded up for New Years.

What I can do however, is neighbourhood drive by dinners. Jan 1 I’m making homemade gyros and tzaziki sauce with Mediterranean rice, all the neighbours put in their orders, I leave their meals on the front step for pickup, then we zoom while we are eating.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk on COVID in Canada. Going a bit squirrelly here.

:therethere: :hugs:

This does sound very Canadian… you horribly nice people

My non-spawns are here 2 days early and jazzed for Christmas. I know they DNGAF.

It’s more just that we all bought houses in the neighbourhood about 25 years ago. Many drunken campfires, watching our kids grow up together, etc. If I wasn’t doing this, we’d be getting together for dinner or a campfire anyway.

You revealed my true identity? Shame shame shame. Have fun being mariachi band!

I ordered the greatest Christmas tree topper on Nov 25th, and I’m losing faith it will get here on time for Christmas. Charlotte is not a 3 days away situation, if you ask me:

If you ordered something from China be prepared for what you get to be very different from what you think you ordered…in the last year or so I’ve ordered four or five things from China and all of them have been scams.

I ordered my wedding dress & veil from China too :smiley:

The problem isn’t China, of course, but it seems to be more likely to happen when ordering from there. If you purchased from a reputable site, you’re more likely fine (although it happened to me via Amazon this year), but if it was off social media, much more likely it’s a scam.

Anyway I think it’s just interesting.