Dessert Condiments--What's On? What's Off? Mr. Miyagi's Guide to Happiness

I don’t love or hate sprinkles. I could go with or without, so I usually just go without.

2 Likes

Jeni’s birthday cake ice cream is filled with sprinkles. So damn good

Putting sprinkles on banana slices gets the kid to eat them.

Has buttercream frosting and golden cake: I would try it at least once. Is it really heavy on the sprinkles?

You put enough sugar and food dyes in something and the kids’ll eat it up!!!

Kinda yeah, but i love sprinkles so i am good with that. Cant hurt to try. There are no raisins in it.

1 Like

:iatp:

Something something when the cat’s away something.

1 Like

fudge over chocolate sauce, leave off the caramel

1 Like

Almonds are not nuts.

They are drupes.

Cashews are not nuts either, but they are delicious.

2 Likes

Same with pistachios

But, not as delicious

Sorry, well house. Not sure why that would be a thing, but apparently it was.

I honestly thought my friend had a speech impediment, and someone told me she did, but then I met someone else who spoke exactly like she did.

1 Like

Mostly agree with this although chocolate sprinkles on ice cream are tolerable. Inferior to chocolate chips mind you, and not really an improvement over plain, but tolerable.

And I don’t know who got the idea to have cheddar cheese with apple pie, but those are two great tastes that DON’T go great together.

Cheddar cheese and apples, sure. But cheddar cheese & apple pie is a big nope.

Not dessert, but I’m interested in your opinions on canned pears (or peaches) and cottage cheese. I grew up on the combo and love it, but my kids won’t try it at all. They think it makes no sense, and pointing out that they are right next to each other at every salad bar, indicating that it’s not just a me thing, doesn’t help.

I’m not into canned peaches so I don’t really have an opinion on how they go with cottage cheese.

My grandmother apparently used to serve canned peaches to my mother and her siblings for dessert on a regular basis though.

It was a standard “diet” dish when i was a kid. But i thought cottage cheese was gross, so i never tried it. I guess i still think cottage cheese is gross, although if I’d first been introduced to it now, rather than as a kid, I’d probably eat it.

i’m old and I like it

dish?

anything dairy, (cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream, with fruit), was considered lighter diet