Dessert Condiments--What's On? What's Off? Mr. Miyagi's Guide to Happiness

She may have been saying “well” rather than “whale”? We had a small building on our farm growing up that covered a well that we lowered milk cans into in summer to keep them cool.

4 Likes

Aha! That makes sense!

I mean, I’ve never heard of a well house, but a well is a water source and could be mistaken for whale.

2 Likes

(Water) wheel house?

:iatp:

Of the candy bars I consider the “big three”, my raking is 3 Musketeers > Milky Way > Snickers.

I have a feeling that my ranking is the oposite of most people’s.

Pfft I guess I’m on ignore now?

Room temp I’d rank them the other way

Snickers > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers

But frozen I’d rank them

Milky Way > 3 Musketeers > Snickers

But honestly I wouldn’t say no to any of them.

Oh, I wouldn’t either. There is very little with chocolate that I would say no to.

I’m not a fan of 3 musketeers. The nougat is boring, and the caramel adds a lot.

I’d eat one of i were hungry and it was lying around, but i don’t think I’ve ever purchased one.

1 Like

I prefer it’s nougat to that of the others. I like how soft it is. And I don’t need the other stuff (caramel, nuts) getting in the way of the chocolate.

Peanuts are a legume, and people boil most legumes.

Boiled peanuts are very bean like. Lots of folks can’t get past the texture of a mushy peanut, but I’d bet if they were served in a bowl like beans opinions might be different. I prefer peanuts roasted, but the boiled ones can be decent at some places. They are a roadside tradition in really country places in GA.

Once I took a ski trip to Durango Colorado (Purgatory) in mid December. We got hit by a big blizzard, bad enough to shut everything down including the resort. Even the restaurants were closed, so we made due with snacks from the tiny store there. Was walking around the deserted resort and saw a dude hovering over a steaming cauldron. Went up there see what he was up to: boiled peanuts. He was incredibly excited to see other people, let alone ones that understood what he was cooking. His dream was to open a boiled peanut stand at the base of the slopes with a few flavors. He thought it was the perfect apres ski/ ski snack. It was a horrible business idea, but I did enjoy his peanuts and his company.

2 Likes

I think peanut soups are a thing in some cultures.

1 Like

I have an African cookbook that calls for peanut butter in several soups.

peanut butter does NOT belong in desserts. Peanuts or any other nuts are fine.

Peanut butter is good on toast only. that’s it!

Things like this are awesome:

My mom makes a version of rice crispy treats with peanut butter too, and those are delicious.

1 Like

What’s on:

Chocolate/caramel sauce
Chocolate chips or shavings
Fresh fruit/berries or a nice coulis
Icing sugar
Scoop of ice cream with pie
Whipped cream
Buttercream

What’s off:

******in’ carcinogenic, awful, vile, disgusting, radioactive, puppy-kicking, devil-worshipping putrid rai-SINS :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :speak_no_evil: :poop: :broken_heart: :zombie: :microbe: :coffin: :headstone: :radioactive: :biohazard: :u6307:
Slice of cheddar cheese on pie :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Sprinkles (too crunchy and a whole bunch of sweet with no other flavour)
Candied fruit

Love Sprinkles

I’d eat those.

Peanut butter pie is pretty good. It’s similar to cheesecake.

1 Like

Take my sprinkles - please!!!

1 Like