Dessert Condiments--What's On? What's Off? Mr. Miyagi's Guide to Happiness

Peanuts do not belong in desserts. Peanut butter, sure. But not peanuts. Or any other nuts. :judge:

If you need something crunchy, that’s what crisped rice is for.

2 Likes

I feel the same way about Drumsticks. Weaselette loves them but the peanuts make them difficult to eat without making a giant mess. Would rather they just left them off, or the rice crispies are a good compromise as they mix in with the chocolate better.

2 Likes

Not on the mail boat that i buy a frozen treat from once every summer there aren’t. :cry: I will miss the choco taco.

(And peanut butter in frozen treats is gross. Peanuts are acceptable.)

2 Likes

You’re “mail boat” (whatever that is) must really suck. I’m sorry you have to experience that.

:wink:

2 Likes

I like Drumsticks well enough. I don’t think the peanuts make it all that difficult - it’s the chocolate cracking in weird ways and falling off that is the issue, and with experience you can handle that well enough.

I’m not a huge fan of cones in the best of circumstances, though, and being frozen with ice cream inside is not the best of circumstances. The drumstick cone works better than the choco-taco “cone”, but still, I’d rather avoid it.

That’s why I’ve always preferred the “Nut Sundae” (although, looking it up, they might have a different name now). Rectangular ice cream covered in chocolate and nuts on a stick.

It’s a boat that delivers mail and sells stamps and postcards. And it also sells rides around the lake, t shirts, and frozen treats.

It’s not my first choice but Reese’s cups or Reese’s Pieces DQ Blizzards are both acceptable. And I’ve had another ice cream that has mini PB cups which is similarly not my first choice, but acceptable. Baby brother’s favorite ice cream is peanut butter chip, which is also OK.

Peanuts have no place in any dessert in any circumstance.

Maybe, just maybe, if you are allergic to peanuts.

But peanuts rock in any form (except boiled - I don’t get that) and nuts in ice cream are the pinnacle of all desserts. Chocolate and almond Dove bars are the most perfect food ever.

1 Like

snickers? I’m partial to mars bars

:iatp:

Seriously, stop boiling peanuts already. They used to offer them at a BBQ joint we liked in Colorado, a big vat of them at the front for free. I won’t eat them for free.

1 Like

I tried boiled peanuts once. That was quite enough, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Once!

I don’t think I’ve heard of boiled peanuts. I don’t know why someone would think that was a good idea.

1 Like

Aren’t the peanuts they serve at ball games boiled? Those are ok. Not my preferred snack, but if someone else gets them and offers me some I’ll take a few.

If those aren’t boiled then I’m not sure I’ve ever had boiled peanuts.

I had a friend from rural Georgia who loved “bold peanuts”. It was a very long time until I understood what she meant. (And yuck!)

She also told me that she lived in a converted “whale house”. I could not figure out what she meant as we are in a land locked state. But even after questioning I had trouble. “You know,” she said, “where people used to keep their whales.” I didn’t know. Finally I explained what I was hearing (sea mammal) and she explained what she was saying (water source) and we came together on that one.

I wonder what I say that people don’t understand…

Snickers bars are just adulterated Milky Way bars.

Peanuts are NOT a nut. Stop calling them a nut.

signed

True Nuts (walnuts, almonds, and assorted other nuts)

I’m trying to figure out what she meant that sounded similar to “whale” but means “water source”.

Ocean?
Sea?
Spring?
River?
Lake?
Pond?
Creek?
Brook?
Estuary?
Canal?
Marsh?
Bayou?
Swamp?
Bay?
Canal?
Stream?
Reservoir?
Puddle?
Moat?
Lagoon?
Gulf?
Fjord?

None of those sound like it could be mistaken for “whale” and I’m running out of water sources :-?

2 Likes

Well, I’m not sure which word on your list works either. It’s a puzzler.

2 Likes

Whale urine