Dessert Condiments--What's On? What's Off? Mr. Miyagi's Guide to Happiness

Yes, fixed.

I don’t recall anyone eating any other dairy-based dish to diet. The standard “diet plate” was a big leaf of lettuce with a lump of cottage cheese in the middle and canned peaches around it.

Me too. That was always my pick of ice cream novelties.

Some opinions on things discussed above:

• I like boiled peanuts

• Not a huge fan of the salty taste folks have been throwing in ice cream lately. A little salt is fine, but salt forward for desserts is not preferred IMO. Went to a place called Jeni’s Splendid Ice cream in Charleston and they had Everything Bagel ice cream. I sampled it and it tasted like an everything bagel. They said it was the most sampled and least ordered ice cream. That’s because it’s salty frozen milk, not dessert. Jeni’s however was wonderful otherwise and I would recommend though it was quite expensive at $40 for 4 of us to get ice cream.

• I am the VP of the anti-old decrepid grapes club so they shouldn’t go anywhere near any dessert.

Shots fired. Pistachios are delicious. So is pistachio ice cream.

1 Like

I don’t like dessert but everything here seems fine with, except sprinkles. Sprinkles are just gross sugary beetle juices and give nothing except a cheap, bad crunch. What Are Sprinkles Made Of? Colorful Facts On Dessert Topping Revealed

I recently made a crème brulee with pistachio and a a miso-caramel drizzle, so anybody saying pistachios are out can avoid my house :slight_smile:

Oh wait, bacon on dessert is questionable. I’m sure it can be good somehow but eating just chocolate-covered bacon or bacon on a doughnut with the bacon cold and congealed has always been gross to me.

2 Likes

I’ve had maple bacon donuts where the bacon is room temperature and crunchy. It’s ok, although I prefer maple donuts without the bacon.

1 Like

Today’s WORDLE guess…Be right back!

I’m not a fan of bacon dessert items that I’ve had either. Agree especially on the doughnut with cold bacon.

I do think candied bacon can be delicious, but I have never seen that served for dessert.

Oooh, got it in 3 guesses!!!

I got today’s in 3 as well, but not with SWAMP as my start word!

if you don’t like these, what are you doing with your life

1 Like

No, just no. Waste of chocolate and ice cream and ice cream cones.

And peanuts, for that matter. Just a complete waste.

These are fine

Or these

But not the ones you posted.

they look like lesser versions of the original

1 Like

1 Like

Milky Way bars are just incomplete Snickers bars that don’t have the crowning achievement of peanuts.

2 Likes

My freshmen year at college, the dorm food was mediocre at best, and the portions served were small - but there always was a reasonable salad bar available as a supplement. I took to cottage cheese and peaches/pears/applesauce at that time.

I feel like they are in different categories. Snickers bars are rich and satisfying and can make a good solid snack or light lunch. Milky way bars taste better to me, but they are just a candy bar.

Sprinkles are fun. They don’t have enough flavor to matter, but they add visual and textual interest.
(By themselves, they taste sweet. But they aren’t enough sweeter than what they are sprinkled on to act as a sweet accent.) I don’t usually get sprinkles. If i want to add something to the ice cream or cake, there’s usually something i like more. But they are fine when they are present.

nuts are not nuts, except these nuts

1 Like