Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

Lol. According to this, Trump has them? Isn’t possessing 25,000 pics of the torture and rape of children illegal in FL?

1 Like

I had been attributing it to the number of Democratic primaries and caucuses that year (49 normal states, 1 state with a split primary/caucus, 4 territories with primaries, 1 district, 1 “Dems abroad” = 57 races to compete in).

But Obama hadn’t traveled to all of them and there were no more to go to if he had, so your explanation doesn’t fit the context.

The hype over the 57 states comment always seemed overblown to me. To my mind it was either an exaggeration or a slip of the tongue. Precise numerics are more interesting when the quantification is essential to the point. He could have said “lots” and same point would have been made as saying “47”.

1 Like

He was tired and he’s never been the best at speaking extemporaneously when stressed or under pressure. My theory is that the number 57 was on his mind because of that being the number of races he was competing in for the nomination, so when talking about numbers of states, it slipped out rather than the appropriate number for his context.

Even if you don’t like the speaker, slips when unprepared should be forgiven when it doesn’t detract from the meaning, and especially if the speaker corrects them when he’s made aware. We’re human; mistakes are made.

It’s when stupid mistakes are made in prepared remarks, and when the speaker doubles-down on the error, that I become concerned.

Yeah, I agree. I was just going for the laugh that Biden was less wrong than Obama.

1 Like

Maybe he had had Heinz ketchup that morning on his eggs and read about THEIR 57 varieties on the label? That was another made up number by the way.

1 Like

So Brazil has just elected Lulu as President at age 77. Brazil seems to be about where the US was in 2020 in voting out a divisive leader. Would not be surprised if Bolsonaro challenges the election results.

I thought this could all be spun by noting that neither said unique states.

There is a syrong resemblance between the 2020 US and the 2022 Brazilian presidential elections, especially since Bolsonaro was so Trumplike.

However Lulu, like Biden, will inevitably incur the wrath of the conservatives for the next few years and also not solve Brazil’s problems. Probably, like here, another reversal coming in the subsequent election.

Joe Biden told a room full of supporters in Hallandale Beach, Florida, on Tuesday that he spoke with the man who “invented” insulin, who said it was never patented because it was supposed to be available to everyone. I learned in school that insulin was discovered by Banting and Best in Toronto about 100 years ago. Banting did famously say in 1922 that insulin belonged to the world but Joe was not there. Possibly Joe is now talking to Banting on the other side though.

It’s theoretically possible that Banting repeated his comment to Biden at some later date, except…

Banting died in February 1941. Biden was born in November 1942.

So no, they’ve never met.

1 Like

Best died in 1978. Biden could have talked to him.

1 Like

It was Banting though that made the famous quote, not Best. But if you want to believe Biden actually met Best and he said this to Biden I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell to you.

I don’t believe or not believe it. I have no evidence either way.

It is entirely possible that best felt the same as Banting. Or that he quoted Banting to Biden.

Either way, the fact that insulin is insanely expensive in the US stands.

1 Like

I will certainly agree with you on that! I think the cost of insulin in the US is about 5 times the cost in Canada and it is not considered cheap here.

Biden visits Florida to campaign for Democrats, blames inflation on the “war in Iraq,” then corrects himself and claims he said Iraq because that’s where Beau died. Beau died in Maryland of brain cancer.

It’s sad to see an American President like this. It’s also particularly scary right now with an ostensible ongoing world war.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1587550049814577152

Maybe Time will run another article on what the heck this cabal was thinking, “fortifying the election” for a mentally incapacitated Joe Biden.

That’s easy to answer. A harmless senile old man is less of a problem for the USA than an unelected usurper.

5 Likes

Maybe Trump just needs whatever it is they’re injecting into Joe.