Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

Please present some data to show that Trump’s immigration policies did something to stem the flow of Fentanyl into the United States.

1 Like

Well, we are all-so-very concerned now that someone else can’t do a thing about it.

TIL that China is a major source of illegal fentanyl. When more was getting seized when coming directly from China, more Chinese originating fentanyl is being routed via Mexico.

According to Donald Trump, he achieved the most secure southern border in history.

There probably WAS less illegal immigration during his Presidency as he reduced the appeal of coming here*.

I’m not sure why that would translate to less Fentanyl coming in though.

*My father claims he also got Mexico to do more to secure their southern border so the immigrants couldn’t even get as far as Mexico. I haven’t checked the veracity of this claim.

They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

1 Like

Trump cut funding to the northern triangle which led to deteriorating conditions there and more caravans going through Mexico. Our best bet is to find ways to keep people from leaving their home countries… if that is working with Mexico and Trump did that, good for him, but there was not a real cohesive strategy for the issue beyond the wall.

2 Likes

Running scams to get rubes to donate to your beautiful wall and diverting the money for personal gain is the only way to truly secure the border. Need more rhetoric to increase donations from the gullible.

1 Like

I am all for this being true, especially if it means he moves to the south pole

Wiith respect to human trafficking and immigration policy:

1 Like

Why are you guys talking about Trump in this thread? This is the “democrats say the darndest things” thread. If you want to talk about things that Trump said, you should go over to that other thread.

“We have a secure border in that that is a priority. … But there are still a lot of problems that we are trying to fix given the deterioration that happened over the last four years.”

Just putting her full statement in context.

2 Likes

You mean, something was taken out of context and misrepresented in this thread?!?!

I am shocked to find that out.
Almost like this thread would have nearly no content if that wasn’t the case.

2 Likes

Hard to find good Dem moments for this thread. And I dont think Biden actually said anything thread worthy. But the timing of their victory lap on inflation reduction act yesterday as dow dropped 1200 pts… due to high inflation reports, I think is thread worthy.

Yes I am aware of the broader context that while headline inflation was 8.3%, recent inflation has been near flat for 2 months. However, they still chose to name the climate bill ‘inflation reduction act’ which was foolish, and then still chose to have a victory parade on the day market was routed due to inflation report, which will be perceived as out of touch.

2 Likes

I gotta admit it, I’m really liking Biden’s attempt to emulate Johnny Bravo. He’s got the shades, (his arms might be a little undersized compared to Johnny’s arms but I’m willing to cut him some slack on that) and he’s completely clueless.

1 Like

Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses may still carry an element of cool, and some of that certainly rubs off on Biden. But they also stand in as a symbol for why so many young people feel disillusioned by the candidate. Six decades ago, Biden picked an accessory and he has stuck with it ever since, despite evolving styles and the changes in his own life.

Don’t think Johnny Bravo goes back 60 years. Maybe the creators of Johnny Bravo were trying to emulate Biden.

1 Like

Dark Brandon

2 Likes

Wait, now we’re picking on Biden’s… sunglasses?

Seriously???

He must be doing a really fantastic job if the worst thing you can find to say about him is that you don’t like his choice of sunglasses.

Which, though not as objectively awesome as Obama’s tan suit, are perfectly nice.

3 Likes

My understanding is something like a $4k rebate and $7,500 in tax deductions.

I use standard deduction typically so not sure if the tax benefit would matter for me, but there’s still the $4k.

1 Like

I’m still mad about that Dijon mustard. Truly, the worst thing a President has ever done.